differences in T5's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• differences in T5's

is there a difference from the 3rd gen's T5's to the 4th gen's T5's. I understand the older ones bolted to V8's and would need a different bell housing but is the bolt pattern from the housing to the trans case the same?

Re: differences in T5's

Their is but I can't think what is was exactly, the input shafts or bell housing. I know my 96' was a Borg Warner and when I blew that one up and got a 00' it said it was a Tremic or something on it. Now I have a A4 so I don't keep up on the M5's anymore.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
      Their is but I can't think what is was exactly, the input shafts or bell housing. I know my 96' was a Borg Warner and when I blew that one up and got a 00' it said it was a Tremic or something on it. Now I have a A4 so I don't keep up on the M5's anymore.
      tremec bought out BW.. i dont think they changed the transmission though

Comment

Originally posted by cam98aro View Post
        tremec bought out BW.. i dont think they changed the transmission though
        Yes thanks, that's what it was Tremec, yes they are the same transmission. Thanks again.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
          Yes thanks, that's what it was Tremec, yes they are the same transmission. Thanks again.

And they are made in Mexico. Been to the plant.
          Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

yeah im thinking the mount is different, input shaft, and i think the shifter location is also different.

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

ok thanks all

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X