auto trans controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• auto trans controller

Has any one tried creating a controller to override the PCM and allow the driver to shift the 4L60E like a stick? it seems easy enough just activate the shift solenoid for the gear you want to enter right?

Re: auto trans controller

Transgo makes a shift kit that does this. I think its a "stage 3" kit or something instead of just the normal "stage 2" Although I do think they claim that their "stage 2" will hold any gear to any rpm; if i remember right.

Comment

or you can buy a paddle shift kit that works with the 4l60 :P
      2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
      1991 3000GT VR4
      2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

this sounds like something nissan would do.. put some destroy your transmission buttons on your car

Comment

Originally posted by cam98aro View Post
          this sounds like something nissan would do.. put some destroy your transmission buttons on your car
          They did...in the GTR...put a button on there that took off some traction control or something...but fubared the transmissions up...then wrote in extremly fine print that if you use that button, your warranty becomes void...couple ppl have blown there trannies and are in the hole about 25g's to replace it....

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
          1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
            They did...in the GTR...put a button on there that took off some traction control or something...but fubared the transmissions up...then wrote in extremly fine print that if you use that button, your warranty becomes void...couple ppl have blown there trannies and are in the hole about 25g's to replace it....
            thats what i mean lol
            it was actually a launch control, it launched the car from a stand still at like 6,000 rpm

it was busting their glass transmissions

Comment

thats what i mean lol
              it was actually a launch control, it launched the car from a stand still at like 6,000 rpm

it was busting their glass transmissions
              i have that in my car, just put that stick in center where the N is, and revv it till it stops then put it in D! lol haha.
              Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
                i have that in my car, just put that stick in center where the N is, and revv it till it stops then put it in D! lol haha.
                i seen a guy with an ls1 camaro at the drag strip do that

needless to say he got about 10 feet with the driveshaft dragging along the ground

Comment

well im looking into just controlling teh shifter solenoids and the TC lockup.

Comment

i seen a guy with an ls1 camaro at the drag strip do that

needless to say he got about 10 feet with the driveshaft dragging along the ground
                    HAHA!!! what a doofus! that is what people who drive rice do...
                    Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Originally posted by A fireman View Post
                      Has any one tried creating a controller to override the PCM and allow the driver to shift the 4L60E like a stick? it seems easy enough just activate the shift solenoid for the gear you want to enter right?
                      I have never personally heard of anything controlling the computer but this will do what your talking about. You would have to move the shifter all the time.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...0&autoview=sku
                      Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
                      Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
                      Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
                      Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
                      Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

I believe JET makes a stand alone 4L60E controller. This wouldn't use the PCM at all. It's for using a 4L60E in and older non computer controlled car.
                        sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X