Short shifter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short shifter?

is there anyway to mod the stock shifter to work like a short shifter? i am having trouble finding a 5 speed short shifter at a decent price so was looking to modify my stock one

Re: Short shifter?

save up and get something worthwhile like a b&m short throw or check out ebay for some decent prices. myself and a lot of the guys on here seem to have the b&m ripper and personally i love mine...one of my first mods actually:)

if you're really struggling to find something lemme know bc I might still have a hurst short-throw lying around that you could put to good use. Had a mixup and got both a hurst and b&m as gifts and I went with the b&m.
    pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
    gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

you could try shaving your shifter handle down, but i wouldnt.

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

well the b&m is over 200$ shipped and i didnt want to spend that, and all the ones i found on ebay are for 6 speeds, so if you would sell me the hurts at a decent price that would be awesome

Comment

Northern Auto parts has a ProForm for $76 shipped. I have it and it's essentially a B&M knock off. I cut my stock shifter down, and, while it was abit nicer, it's nothing compared to an actual short shifter.
          ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
          A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

so if i were to try to make one just for giggles, what is it that is changed over a stock shifter that makes it a "short" shifter, obviously i know it makes shorter shifts, but whats different to give it this effect?

Comment

the fulcrum point is change. You might be able to make one, but I'd just buy the one from Northern Auto Parts man; for $76 shipped, you can't go wrong.
              ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
              A few things

Comment

i'll do some searching and make sure i still have that hurst short throw if you're interested. I have no use for it so i can definitely work out a decent price for you man :)

keep checking out your options and i'll get back to you when i make sure i have it.
                pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic

Comment

i checked the northern auto and i cant find a shifter for 75$ for my car, i have a welder so i was thinking i could probably weld an extra piece to lower the fulcrum if i cant get a good deal on one, please get back to me tho ballermaro

Comment

will do good sir i'll go check storage tomorrow and find out for sure

sigpic

Comment

I checked Northern Auto; they still have the shifter, but they've raised their prices. They're now $100 for them. Still not a bad price, but you might be able to find a used one for around there.
                      ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                      A few things

Comment

Just found the ol' Hurst for ya man...still in the original box and ready for install. Pm me if you wanna work out a price and shipping info. It'll be nice knowing it's getting put to good use instead of sitting around.

sigpic

Comment

still interested Fondle?

sigpic

Comment

ya man i pm'd you

Comment

gvperformance.com carries the proform shifter too. ;)
                              http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X