YEAH,WOW,YEAH lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YEAH,WOW,YEAH lol

finally got my a4 to m5 swap done, ran into some problems but i was trying to save money, DONT DO IT< SPEND WHAT IS NEEDED so i did and it works, now my car is alive,i cant get much traction in first gear even with 265/35/18 tires and 3.23 LSD(i think) but it's incredible, if anyone wants to do the swap you should not be afraid and go for it,ask me anything bout the swap and i will help.Ill send some pics of my shifter with the hurst knob,all i need is the short shifter,looking to buy one.:rock:

Re: YEAH,WOW,YEAH lol

Originally posted by Richardcoelho View Post
    i cant get much traction in first gear even with 265/35/18 tires and 3.23 LSD(i think)
    Even with 265's? What mods do you have?

Congrats on the conversion!
    sigpic

Comment

thats awesome

i would have to say, the hardest thing about the swap is just getting the correct parts you need.

Comment

Hopefully you aren't planning on making too much more power lol

Comment

[QUOTE=Richardcoelho;894025]i cant get much traction in first gear even with 265/35/18 tires and 3.23 LSD(i think) QUOTE]

then chances are your dumping the clutch at a rpm thats pretty high.. might wanna start looking for a new rear end if you keep that up..
          2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
          1991 3000GT VR4
          2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

lol, let him have his fun.

1998 Chevrolet Camaro SS
            New Trans Setup:Rebuilt 4L60E, Yank ST2800 Stall, B&M Trans Cooler,
            TCI Deep Pan, Royal Purple, Trans-go Shift Kit. Should be done in January.

Comment

thanks guys but when i said i cant get traction it's not when shifting, it's when im in first gear at about 2 to 3k and i hit it i actually spin them so im not dumping the clutch like and idiot lol,but as for mods, the car has a tune,intake,exhaust,ALUM D/S(great mod)3.23 LSD,19mm sway bar,P&P T/B. Next mod is short shifter(HURST,5.0) and mabe headers.BTW my clutch is new so i need to break it in, so shifting it regularly in second chirps the tires, im sooooo happy with my car.IM POSTING A TREAD FOR MY AUTOMATIC PARTS FOR SALE SOON.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyman View Post
                Even with 265's? What mods do you have?

Congrats on the conversion!
                THANKS ALOT MAN, NICE GOAT YOU GOT THERE,LS3'S

Comment

.....if you plan on doing any drastic power adders I'd go back to A4. I'm waiting for my trans to die ATM...
                  ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                  A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Originally posted by RadRacer View Post
                    .....if you plan on doing any drastic power adders I'd go back to A4. I'm waiting for my trans to die ATM...
                    Yeah i know,im not planning on too much more power,im just keeping the car till after college and then hopefully ill get a 2003 corvette zo6,thats gonna be my baby:drool:

Comment

Originally posted by RadRacer View Post
                      wouldnt a good clutch and rear end be okay even with more power adders??
                      just wondering, i mean how far can you go with an m5 because im going to be doing some heavy modding soon.

Comment

Originally posted by 00delbz View Post
                        wouldnt a good clutch and rear end be okay even with more power adders??
                        just wondering, i mean how far can you go with an m5 because im going to be doing some heavy modding soon.
                        not really, your transmission still takes most of the pounding.

t5's arent known for being the strongest transmissions out there.. they are rated for what.. 215ftlb of torque?

Comment

Originally posted by cam98aro View Post
                          not really, your transmission still takes most of the pounding.

t5's arent known for being the strongest transmissions out there.. they are rated for what.. 215ftlb of torque?
                          uh oh, i think im at like 250 torque at best, huh,,, i guess i can only beat on it like once a week?:eek:

Comment

Originally posted by Richardcoelho View Post
                            uh oh, i think im at like 250 torque at best, huh,,, i guess i can only beat on it like once a week?:eek:
                            doing a tranny swap isn't going to put you at 250 rwtq

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke Panther View Post
                              doing a tranny swap isn't going to put you at 250 rwtq
                              haha i know that man, before the swap i was close to 250 torque so now i should be there, and i never said to the wheels.:slap:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X