Can you put this in this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you put this in this

Ok sorry for the other post Can i Get a Rear end off a 82-2002 camaro and it will fit my 2001 v6 3.8L what i am saying is Can i go to PICK n Pull they have a **** load of 82-90 camaros and they have posi rear ends i was wonderign will it work on my 2001??? thanks

Re: Can you put this in this

Did you mean 1982-1992 and 1993-2002?

Comment

i was wondering if you can Throw a 3rd gen rear end into a 4th gen

Comment

Not positive on this but I'm pretty sure the width is different.
        -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

You know what i mean though how it would be so much cheaper! lol someone please give me a ppsitive answer thanks

Comment

third gen rears arent as wide as a 4th gen rear.

Comment

Used fourth gen rears aren't that expensive either.
              '99 Mountaineer AWD 5.0 - 4300K HID, Some Bolt-ons
              '97 RS - HPTuner, Bolt-ons
              '09 WRX - Aesthetic mods

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-LS...mZ200236624457

just an idea. I got mine from this place (3.42's posi with disk brakes) They usualy have more and with lower gear ratios. So check your local junkyards, Im just lucky to have a vette and Fbody junkyard about 40 min away
                1994 3.4L DSG Camaro
                Comp Cam 260h w/ 1.6 rockers, J&M STB, UMI 3pt SFC's, Spohn RCA's + Adj. PHR, KYB AGX Shocks, PS Headers, Cutout, Posi Rear w/3.42's, Aluminum DS, Wings West Body Kit, SS Hood/Spoiler, 17" TT2's 9.5/11" 275/315's, 5% tint
                sigpic

Comment

too bad that Got traction control I need one with out it

Comment

oh thats just an example, they usually have several low mileage rears for sale. Just call them and tell them what your looking for. I need one without trac too and waited a few weeks and they got one in from a 96 with only 66k on it. Id just give them a call though
                    1994 3.4L DSG Camaro
                    Comp Cam 260h w/ 1.6 rockers, J&M STB, UMI 3pt SFC's, Spohn RCA's + Adj. PHR, KYB AGX Shocks, PS Headers, Cutout, Posi Rear w/3.42's, Aluminum DS, Wings West Body Kit, SS Hood/Spoiler, 17" TT2's 9.5/11" 275/315's, 5% tint
                    sigpic

Comment

I believe you can still use a rear with traction control if your car doesn't have it. The traction control part just wont work. Can someone confirm this?

Lounge Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Bonemaro View Post
                        I believe you can still use a rear with traction control if your car doesn't have it. The traction control part just wont work. Can someone confirm this?
                        The ABS system wouldn't work. With traction control your rear wheel speed sensors are at the end of each axle. Without traction control you have a single speed sensor on top of the pumpkin.
                        -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X