clutch issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch issue

So i got a new clutch not to long ago . put about 600km's on it and . just today i noticed its been slipping in 4th and 5th . when you get on it, it slips. Like in fourth at about 3000rpm then floor it and it jumps to 3300rpm then drops down to about then and goes up with acceleration.
    I Dono i got a 25,000Km warranty. I'll probly go btch about.
    Did he do somthin wrong?

Re: clutch issue

it only slips in 4th and 5th? seems weird that it wouldnt slip in the lower gears because of the gearing

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Idono. Took another drive, it doesnt slip super bad. or anything but it reminds me of when my sentra's clutch went bad. it shouldnt be doing that!
      Its kinda weird, it only slips in 4th or 5th around 150-200rpms of slipage
      no slip in the bottom gears. and theres more tq down there in 1st,2nd. indono. maybe im just over reacting.

Comment

or maybe its not the clutch at all......
        Y87 Package
        MANUAL CONVERTED, Pro 5.0 Shifter
        Pacesetters, Magnaflow Cat, Cutout, Flowmaster

MOGOB APPROVED!
        BONE APPROVED!
        VANBIBBER APPROVED!
        KRISTEN APPROVED!

Vice Prez.
        Team Black...TEAM EMO
        sigpic
        Come on kids! Get a Calendar!

Comment

The higher gears, especially overdrive, put more strain on the clutch than the lower gears. If you're starting to see slippage in 4th and 5th, it will most likely get worse there and work it's way to the earlier gears... Sounds like a failing clutch to me.

600km is roughly 370miles?? You shouldn't be banging on a new clutch that soon. I like the see a minimum of 500 miles (~800km) before any hard driving.
          -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X