tranny problems URRRR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tranny problems URRRR

Ok so basically i am liek the only guy who probley has a 700R4 in a 2001 camaro and my car used to be a t-5 but i went to the auto because of traffic and basically just to have an automatic lol but anyways when i was driving my tranny went out where i only have first and secound gear so i drove around for about 2days like that then I bought a rebuild kit and also and Shift kit from B&M so i put it alll in rebuilt it and then went to test it out and Againg the same fing problem but its wrost because the shift kit holds the gear longer but Now i think me and my dad kinda rushed it we put sumthing on the valve body backwards so i am thinking maybe thats the problems hopefully it is but anyways just asking if anybody has every had a 700r4 then the 3 and 4 gear wouldnt work anymore wondering what they did to fix it

Re: tranny problems URRRR

sorry to hijack, but seriously that was really hard to read without any punctuation.....its just one big ol sentence
    1999 v6 Camaro M5
    Automatic to Manual converted
    Pacesetter Headers, 2.5" Custom True Duals with X-Pipe and Magnaflow Bullet Muffers,
    !cat, Intake, 3.42's with LSD, MSD Wires, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Short Shifter, Tuned PCM

Comment

Define "only 1-2 gear" -- is it shifting into 3rd then revv like it's in neutral, or is it not shifting?

If it's not shifting, your governer could be broken or stuck - pull the pan and check. The thing is plastic and they do tend to break.

If it's revving, your 3-4 clutch pack could be burnt up - and that's internal transmission work.

How's your fluid level/condition? (low fluild will burn up you clutches) -- also, if it was a used transmission and wasn't cleaned really well, pin holes and passages can get blocked by debris and that'll burn up clutches (etc) as well.

Make sure to post up when you find the problem! :D

Comment

x2 on the 3-4 clutch pack being burnt

is it hunting?
        Y87 Package
        MANUAL CONVERTED, Pro 5.0 Shifter
        Pacesetters, Magnaflow Cat, Cutout, Flowmaster

MOGOB APPROVED!
        BONE APPROVED!
        VANBIBBER APPROVED!
        KRISTEN APPROVED!

Vice Prez.
        Team Black...TEAM EMO
        sigpic
        Come on kids! Get a Calendar!

Comment

yeah I just rebuilded the tranny I need now how to AIR CHECK it dose anybody know where i can find out how to air check a 700r4 Please

Comment

you just got all the seals, hardparts, clutch pack and rebuilded it yourself?

i hope you didnt close it back up yet because air checking is done on different parts in the case, not with the tranny as a whole...

edit:

please learn how to punctuate your posts.
            Y87 Package
            MANUAL CONVERTED, Pro 5.0 Shifter
            Pacesetters, Magnaflow Cat, Cutout, Flowmaster

MOGOB APPROVED!
            BONE APPROVED!
            VANBIBBER APPROVED!
            KRISTEN APPROVED!

Vice Prez.
            Team Black...TEAM EMO
            sigpic
            Come on kids! Get a Calendar!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X