1993 Camaro Transmission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 Camaro Transmission

Okay, so my friend is having the worst time finding a 700R4 for his 89 RS camaro with a 305...jus outta curiousity i have a parts car and its a 1993 v6 camaro...i heard the 1993 camaro z28 had a 700R4 in them and didn't know if thats what tranny was in my 1993 camaro automatic.or not...jus wandering...can someone help me out?

Re: 1993 Camaro Transmission

93's had the 700R4 a.k.a. 4L60. 94+ got teh 4l60E
    1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
    2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
    94 comero 3.4

Comment

reviving an old thread...

my 93 camaro had a 4 pin connector, but someone from another forum who also has a 93 camaro says that his transmission has a 5 pin connector.

can anyone shed some light on this? i've read that pre-93 cars had 4 pin connectors but my car IS a 93 and has a 4 pin. very confused...

Comment

from what research i just did, the 4pin connector was in the 3rd gen cars, while the 5 pin round connector was from the 93, are you sure that is the orig. transmission in the car?

do you still have the stickers on the door/glove box? the only thing i can think of other than its not the stock trans is it is a VERY early camaro build that came out in 92 and later on through the year they changed the connector

Comment

Car is at the shop, but yes, the stickers should still be there. I thought what you thought, the 4pins were in the 3rd gens also.

I am positive it is the original transmission in the car.

Here's a pic of the connector on mine:

And here's a pic of my car, the fourth gen body style, not the 3rd gen.:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X