Help Me Please!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Me Please!!

i have a question for someone, i have a 1998 chevy camaro and i just replaced the clutch with a stage 3 spec clutch and was wondering if there is a way to adjust the clutch pedal to allow the clutch to engage with the pedal lower than what it does right now. i want the clutch to engage about half way or even a little higher i have to almost release the clutch all the way to engage the clutch right now. it drives fine though. I have bled the slave and master cylinder and still nothing I am totaly lost

Re: Help Me Please!!

okay you want the clutch to grab that high cause that means its a new clutch. when it starts grabbing lower it means your clutch is going bad. the only way to adjust it is with an adjustable slave cylinder. to be honest i dont know if they make one for our cars but i had the same question on my honda :tdown: when i put a stage 3 clutch in. you will get used to the grab point in time

Comment

ok thanks so will the pedal go down then in time once it is worn in?

Comment

Actually the petal will not go down as it wears. Our hydraulic clutches are self adjusting, they will stay prettymuch in the same place throughout it's life. On old linkages that you had to adjust it was actually the opposite, a clutch near the bottom was new, near the top as it wore down.
        Now if you want to change that you can get an adjustable master cylinder, they aren't cheap. McLeod makes one.
        http://www.thunderracing.com/catalog...d=295&pcid=266
        If your car is 98+ you can use that one. They are the same for LS1 and V6.
        -Brad
        98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
        2000 V-Star Custom 1100
        If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
        :rock:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X