Abs and LSD install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abs and LSD install

I got a 95 Z28 LSD with 3.42s rear to swap into my 97 3.8 open. The rearend doesnt have traction control(I dont either). Is this going to bolt up okay and I'm a bit confused on whether or not my abs will work. I read you need to remove some ring from you're open? Or do I not need to do that?

Re: Abs and LSD install

Originally posted by Chris2088 View Post
    I got a 95 Z28 LSD with 3.42s rear to swap into my 97 3.8 open. The rearend doesnt have traction control(I dont either). Is this going to bolt up okay and I'm a bit confused on whether or not my abs will work. I read you need to remove some ring from you're open? Or do I not need to do that?
    It should bolt right up, do you have disc or drums now? The Z28 will have disc so you will need diffrent brake lines, and ebrake cables if you choose to swap from drum to disc. ABS sensor plugs in on the top of pumpkin and if Z28 is non traction control it will mount on top of pumpkin also.
    Originally posted by kala
    I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
    parting her out

Comment

if your z28 take off have ABS ring on it than you dont have to. if it does not
      than yes , you would have to move it from your old differential to the new one.
      ABS ring goes around diff , you will see it when you have it out.

Edit ^^^ this applies if you swapping differential only. if you have entire rear end than Like Crush said
      Last edited by iGoRa; 04-08-2008, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Here is a very worn ABS ring gear

edit for smokes approval

Last edited by crushedout; 04-09-2008, 07:16 PM.

TEAM BLACK!!!
        parting her out

Comment

Okay, well I am having the entire rear swapped out. I also do have drum brakes at the moment. Where will I get these ebrake cables and brakes lines to make the brakes work? Since they are both 3 channel rear ends I dont have any problem with the abs working right?

Comment

Originally posted by crushedout View Post
            Here is a very worn ring gear
            That's the ABS sprocket. The ring gear is what's in contact with the pinion

Comment

Okay, well I am having the entire rear swapped out. I also do have drum brakes at the moment. Where will I get these ebrake cables and brakes lines to make the brakes work? Since they are both 3 channel rear ends I dont have any problem with the abs working right?

In theory no, it should work with no issues. Brake lines need to come with new rear end or you will need to fab up new ones, they don't sell pre-bent ones at the dealer. The ebrake cables you can get at the dealer and it will cost about 20 bucks or so a piece, you will need two.

TEAM BLACK!!!
              parting her out

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X