Hard shift - Late Engage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard shift - Late Engage

Hey guys this would be my first post, i've been lurking for awhile using the search function on my 2000 v6 camaro but i've think i have came to a problem where i could not really find the answer so here goes

Couple of months ago i had my check engine light come on and this is before i new about autozone having a ODBII reader available for rent. so i went the cheap way from another site that said to simply remove the PCM fuse to get rid of the light. so i did and behold the light went off but this is when i noticed that ever since then the car has never shifted the same.

Now when i am driving and the car is ready to shift (its a A4) the car tends to engage late into gear late - To describe it, i am crusing and the car is ready to shift before the shift its the feeling of putting the car into neutral, the rpm's rise but no power is going to the wheels then 2 secs later the car will shift into the next gear rather hard. so again its ready to shift, feeling of car in neutral then its shifts

what is causing this? im thinking i messed something up in the computer regarding to the transmission. Someone said to use "TAPS" and reset the pressure on the transmission? i don't know? any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Re: Hard shift - Late Engage

I'll sell ya my Hypertech power programmer for 225. It's been used only by me a few times and is pretty much brand new. you can set transmission shift firmness along with other things. http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku I just checked and I even have the original box and decals that came with it. I'm willing to bet the manual is floatin around in my car somewhere too. Just let me know.
    Last edited by Blizzard242; 03-30-2008, 08:13 PM.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

haha as soon as i solve this problem i'll be sure to let you know

Comment

Did you buy this car used?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

yea i bought it a long time ago around this time in 06

Comment

You need to scan it for codes, some codes being set will make the trans shift weird.
            sigpic

Comment

with a scan tool such as a ODBII reader?

i did that from from a tool rented from autozone and no codes show up.

Comment

Have you checked the trans fluid then?
                sigpic

Comment

plug your pcm back in

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlak121 View Post
                    plug your pcm back in
                    Last time I checked the car doesn't run with the PCM unplugged.
                    sigpic

Comment

haha yea the pcm was put back in i unplugged it when the car was still running and it turned off and when i put it back in and went for a drive this problem started as described above

i checked the trans fluid and it looks good should i get a service just in case? i have heard of people getting a service and the tranny died soon after my car has around 82,000 miles and has had one transmission service under my ownership i bought the car with 69,000 miles

Comment

Is it just 1-2 or is it all gears that do this?
                        sigpic

Comment

Pulled the PCM harness while the car was running?? Isn't that a good way to fry your pcm? Uhmm bigbrian, any comments on this? You know better than I do but I'm pretty sure that's a big no no.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post
                            Pulled the PCM harness while the car was running?? Isn't that a good way to fry your pcm? Uhmm bigbrian, any comments on this? You know better than I do but I'm pretty sure that's a big no no.

It probably shouldn't be done that way.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SpykeL View Post
                              i checked the trans fluid and it looks good should i get a service just in case? i have heard of people getting a service and the tranny died soon after my car has around 82,000 miles and has had one transmission service under my ownership i bought the car with 69,000 miles
                              it would only help if you got your trans flushed. might not fix the problem, but its never a bad thing to do. as for having your trans die right after getting it serviced, i would say its probably a coincidence. If you have never flushed it, do it just as preventative maintenance. Im about 98% sure that it wont fix the hard shifting problem, but it will help prolong the life of your trans

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X