maybe stupid question, but im confused. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

maybe stupid question, but im confused.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maybe stupid question, but im confused.

so today i planned on changing the fluid in my differential. I just got it a few months back and im doubting its been changed recently, if at all.
    so, whatever, i get all the oil and gasket and all and start taking off the bolts (which, btw, is ungodly annoying on the freezing ground with a muffler in your face) but i start losening them, then i realize something. there doesnt seem to be a cap on the diff cover. so now i dont know what to do. I didnt end up draining it, thank god, cuz id be screwed now.
    so anyways, do our cars have a cap on the diff cover? or if not, where do you add the fluid at for the rear end?
    thanks

Re: maybe stupid question, but im confused.

The cap is not on the cover. On the front side of the differential there is a plug that is screwed in.

Comment

Drivers side toward the drive shaft. A 3/8 extension usually gets it.
      sigpic

Comment

My filler is on the passenger side. And yes 3/8 is the correct size.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Your right I 'm thinking of all those rears that don't use a torque arm.
          sigpic

Comment

Passenger side....
            you can get a pump if you can't fit the bottle. i got one that fit onto the bottle and I could just pump it into the differential.
            Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

uhh lame i shouldve looked on the other side. thanks guys

Comment

I havent had the chance today to look for the plug cuz i feel like crap and dont feel like crawling on the ground today, so tell me, is this plug like ridiculously hard to reach just doing it on the ground or should i just wait till i can do it by jacking up the car?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlak121 View Post
                  uhh lame i shouldve looked on the other side. thanks guys
                  If you even want to change covers to one with a fill area and better drain area then this would be a good time.
                  Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Originally posted by josh98bird View Post
                    If you even want to change covers to one with a fill area and better drain area then this would be a good time.
                    I like that idea. If and when I change mine do you know what type of cover we would need to buy? For me it is a 1993 Firebird.

Comment

its called a T/A cover.they run about 150 bucks, but they are worth it. not only does it have that drain plug, but it also strenghtens your rear a little bit. Heres one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TA-Pe...spagenameZWDVW

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X