mounting clutch master cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mounting clutch master cylinder

theres gotta be a secret to getting the clutch master cylinder in. ive struggled with this for hours now. i can almost get one side of the u-bolt in, but the other side is alot lower than the hole for it. it just wont budge. im thinking theres not enough firewall gone for it, but i cut a circle and have dremel alot of it off around that.

i need something, anything. this is so annoying :rant:
    1999 v6 Camaro M5
    Automatic to Manual converted
    Pacesetter Headers, 2.5" Custom True Duals with X-Pipe and Magnaflow Bullet Muffers,
    !cat, Intake, 3.42's with LSD, MSD Wires, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Short Shifter, Tuned PCM

Re: mounting clutch master cylinder

dont use the u-bolt, just buy 2 regular bolts and save yourself the trouble

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Its so close though..and if I use 2 bolts then its gunna be really hard to tighten them down..I don't even know how I'd get one of the bolts in.... =\
      1999 v6 Camaro M5
      Pacesetter Headers, 2.5" Custom True Duals with X-Pipe and Magnaflow Bullet Muffers,
      !cat, Intake, 3.42's with LSD, MSD Wires, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Short Shifter, Tuned PCM

Comment

become a chick and get skiny arms. one of my advantages:rock:
        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by kristen
          become a chick and get skiny arms. one of my advantages:rock:
          want to come over and help? haha. yeah i dont exactly have small arms and i was wearing long sleeves :tdown:
          1999 v6 Camaro M5

Comment

Do what I did...

work on it for 2 hours, cut up, beat up your arm till its swollen.... It was scary, looked like I had broken my arm, it was so swollen from forcing it.

Then say.... FECK IT!

post on ls1tech, cz28.com, here, and some other local f-bod boards and offer up a 20 pack of Bud or Bud light, their choice to come over and do the bolt.

Then have a taller skinnier guy you know from local car meets who is a GM tech come by and do it for you in about 20 min of struggling... then give him the beer.

Then go sweet deal, and remember this is right after Hurricane Katrina, and the Beer wars were going on. Tons of extra inventory, do to hurricane hit areas, and just a pricewar. 20 packs of domestic beers were selling for $4-5 locally. I had stocked up on 8 Cases already. LOL

But I am 6'5" 320 lbs, a big ****er, so I am by no means a small guy.

Comment

Originally posted by DAS BOOT
              Do what I did...

work on it for 2 hours, cut up, beat up your arm till its swollen.... It was scary, looked like I had broken my arm, it was so swollen from forcing it.

Then say.... FECK IT!

post on ls1tech, cz28.com, here, and some other local f-bod boards and offer up a 20 pack of Bud or Bud light, their choice to come over and do the bolt.

Then have a taller skinnier guy you know from local car meets who is a GM tech come by and do it for you in about 20 min of struggling... then give him the beer.

Then go sweet deal, and remember this is right after Hurricane Katrina, and the Beer wars were going on. Tons of extra inventory, do to hurricane hit areas, and just a pricewar. 20 packs of domestic beers were selling for $4-5 locally. I had stocked up on 8 Cases already. LOL

But I am 6'5" 320 lbs, a big ****er, so I am by no means a small guy.
              lol well i must be doing something wrong because ive probably put 6-8 hours into over the past 2 days and i havent really got any bad cuts yet. looks like a cat molested my arm. but its so close, i think the u bolt isnt backed out of the cylinder far enough. both ends are about 1 cm away from the firewall holes XD
              1999 v6 Camaro M5

Comment

got it! i think the reason i was having so much trouble was because i was using an exhaust u bolt and clamp (lol), and not the factory u-bolt. getting the master cylinder in was cake, its just the damn u bolt. after a ton of dremeling on the master cylinder i got it through. :banana:
                1999 v6 Camaro M5

Comment

I had alot of trouble too, must have taken me 45-60 minutes...

It has to go in completely straight cuz it's such a tight space and the holes are cut perfectly.

I was pist trying to get the master cylinder out.. the stupid "lock washers" that were a star pattern, I couldnt get those things cut to save my life, and its in a terrible location.
                  *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X