confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• confused

ok so my 98 firebird is fully loaded with every option except the 12 disc changer and leather interior. its my understanding that all y87 cars had the limited slip rear end. today i did a one wheel burnout. my dad told me that i need posi to do a "real" burnout. i thought my car had posi. is something wrong?

Re: confused

posi = limited slip

you sure your car has Y87?

Comment

it says y87 on the sticker on the drivers door

Comment

theres a code i think on the inside of your door that will tell you everything about your car, im not sure what the letter is that stands for positrack, if i can figure it out ill let you know, but you can look it up on google im sure
        1999 White Pontiac
        A4, slp loudmouth, pacesetter headers, ws6 wheels, SLP cold air kit, wings west kit

:rock:

Comment

The '98 Y87 came with a clutch-type Auburn LSD. The clutch packs could be worn out.
          Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
          Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Comment

you never know...if the car was used when you got it. the owner before you could have had gear problems and they put a peg leg in there.
            WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by zlexiss
              The '98 Y87 came with a clutch-type Auburn LSD. The clutch packs could be worn out.

I'd lean towards this awnser
              Originally posted by kala
              I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
              parting her out

Comment

Originally posted by zlexiss

Auburn limited slips are not "clutch type", they are cone type. The cones are part of the axle gear and fit tightly into a machined pocket in the carrier. If they go bad they usually do all kinds of popping and bucking when you make sharp slow turns. They are not user serviceable.

Eaton limited slips are clutch type and can be rebuilt.:spank:

Brian
                sigpic

Comment

I have no clue what to tell you but I do think that "peg leggin" is funny stuff

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X