Bad 4L60

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad 4L60

since i buy my car (for 1600, is a 94 with 197k miles and is in good shape for its age),the engine is running strong but i feel the transmission lacking of power, i check the ATF level and its ok but i was dissapointed about the color of the oil, is not red like normal ATF's, is nearly gray and smell like is burned, well, when i put more attention in shifting i noted the transmission is starting in second gear, when i put the shifter in "1" the car feels like the handbrake is on, the only way the tranny goes to first gear is when i hit the gas to WOT:mad: , that is not good, a friend of mine told me to not do the atf change because the transmission is not going to work more, is he right and i must rebuild the trans? or i can do the atf change .

Re: Bad 4L60

Hey, did this model year possibly have the 2nd gear start button on it?
    2002 Navy Blue Metallic Blue Firebird A4
    Pure stock (Hey, just bought it 11/07)

Comment

i think you have a 4l60E, not a 4l60 .

Comment

Grey and burnt fluid with your other problems, means your very close to needing a rebuild. If not already there.

Brian
        sigpic

Comment

I don't think 94 had SGS. I don't even think the LT1's had traction control that year either.

Comment

i agree with brian...when ou start burning fluid its never good, look around on here maybe you can find someone with a trans for sell cheap its the same thing hopefully it wont cost you too much
            1999 White Pontiac
            A4, slp loudmouth, pacesetter headers, ws6 wheels, SLP cold air kit, wings west kit

:rock:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X