Clutch hop...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch hop...

I've just recently bought a 2000 Camaro with 83,xxx miles on it with the 5 speed manual tranny. It runs good and all but when i put it in 1st and pop the clutch (even as low as 2000 or 2500 rpms) it feels as if the clutch pedal is jumping a little and not wanting to engage. You can smell it burn it really bad too when this happens and I was wondering if you had any ideas on why this would happen? (This was from a dead stop with no brakes applied)

Re: Clutch hop...

The clutch is slipping and going to need to be replaced soon.

Brian
    sigpic

Comment

it's probably not gripping cause you keep popping the clutch

Comment

New clutch their johnny, you need it. <sarcasm>For now enjoy the smell of honey roasted clutch</sarcasm>

Comment

thats weird, i have never felt my clutch pedal move, and my clutch slips sometimes.

i do feel the car start to vibrate for a few seconds while letting the clutch out htough

Comment

Yeah I didn't think the whole clutch needed to be replaced because it drives fine and shifts good but it's only when you pop it really hard in 1st, haven't tried it in 2nd yet.

Comment

Sounds like you, or the previous owner, damaged first gear. I killed 1st and 2nd gear in my first car (not a F-body) had similiar issues. Take it to a tranny shop and get an inspection.
              Doug<br />1996 Camaro RS M5 Y87<br />SLP Bilstein shocks, Eibach springs, 1LE frt/rear sway bars

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X