Is it there fault or mine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it there fault or mine?

Ok here the deal I got my car back lastnight it took me a better half of the day to go get it from the Transmissionshop but I got it, the bastards also used up all my gas that was left in the car so I got a gas can, fulled it up then fulled up my car and drove back to the south end side of town, the car drove strong I when the libaray, got my hair cut and washed it down cause it was dirty, the car still was ridding strong so got home to get ready to head off for church and work and the car sat for maybe an hour or so.

I get in the car drove back up to the northend side of town and the car was still driving very strong and powerfull it was great!, I didn't meet up with any of my fellows peps so I decided to head back home and thats when the devil struck!. I am about to turn on to the highway when I hear this loud thundering noise then suddenly the car starts grinding badly and comes to a complete stop and nothing is responding, not the brakes or the steering! nothing!!!! I had this ******* behind me tailgating and he almost got hit because the car was rolling backwards!. I put the Ebrake in and that still wasn't working and iam not sure WTF was going on, I though maybe I lost a tire or hit someone but nothing so I called the Police for assistance they got there and all four tires where still on the car but when I got to take alook underneth thats when we found the driveshaft had snaped off the car.

I used a waterbottle to prevent it from rolling back and hitting the sqaud car:rolleyes: We called the dealership to come get the car and the idiots took more than an hour to get there with the tow vehicle so by then the police officer insisted he called his own and he did and there was no way I was going to question that he was in charge and I was already sitting in the back of the police car and I didn't want to question his athority, mine started with electrical problems shortly after they showed up with the lights turning off and on so I got out. but very embarrssing though to see my car in the middle of the street with metal shards from my car all over the place.

My only question is how the hell did the driveshaft snap right off? :rant: I really think the Transmission shop had something to do with cause the car has seen that place twice already and now this time it almost costed me a serious car accident and I really don't think these people reinstailled it properly. Has this ever happed to anyone else?. what cases it to just pop off?.

Re: Is it there fault or mine?

the u joints fail. I've seen it many a time at teh drag strip, and once a p/u truck in front of me lost both u-joints at the same time, and teh driveshaft flew out and did 360's on the road in front of me. Traffic on either side of me so I just ran it over. pretty cool, really, seeing all those needle bearings "explode" out from underneath.
    1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
    2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
    94 comero 3.4

Comment

haha, that blows man... i'm guessing your rear u-joint failed... however, your brakes should have been working, especially your e-brake... they don't have anything to do with the driveshaft. but if you had just gotten some work done at the tranny shop, you might want to get in touch with them and see what they did wrong. if it's a 2-piece driveshaft, i'm almost sure they probably forgot to put in one of the center bolts. i just changed my DS out for an aluminum one the other day so all the stuff is fresh in my mind underneath the car. b!tch em out!!! :banana:

Comment

try and make them pay for it even if it wasn't their fault. with that kind of timing you should have a pretty good chance i think. 1 piece aluminum up next!
        sigpic
        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
        1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
          try and make them pay for it even if it wasn't their fault. with that kind of timing you should have a pretty good chance i think. 1 piece aluminum up next!

Actually they do have to pay for anything in the driveline I pay nothing its just a huge bummer.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky

yeah, get a 1 piece aluminum out of the deal! :banana:
            1999 v6 Camaro M5
            Automatic to Manual converted
            Pacesetter Headers, 2.5" Custom True Duals with X-Pipe and Magnaflow Bullet Muffers,
            !cat, Intake, 3.42's with LSD, MSD Wires, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Short Shifter, Tuned PCM

Comment

however, your brakes should have been working, especially your e-brake... they don't have anything to do with the driveshaft
              yes they dont have anything to do with it but when you have a 3" tube which turns into a flying knife under the car and since youre ebrake is right above the DS and the brake and fuel lines are very close under the body to the DS so when the DS went it probably took out everything in its path so there is your problem, make them pay for that **** to

76 Camaro Rally Sport-355/TH350- Soon to be LT1/TH350 with a little laughing gas to wake it up...;)
              89 Ram D350 CTD/M5- 1 Ton Dually getting 27 MPG's

Comment

I just got a headache reading your post.
                *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by ninety4three4
                  yes they dont have anything to do with it but when you have a 3" tube which turns into a flying knife under the car and since youre ebrake is right above the DS and the brake and fuel lines are very close under the body to the DS so when the DS went it probably took out everything in its path so there is your problem, make them pay for that **** to

They will have to and even the towing bill they will have to pay for that to:spank:

Comment

Originally posted by StrtRacer98
                    I just got a headache reading your post.
                    Me too....proof read, the post sounded like a gangster rap video.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X