rear end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear end

im looking to put a limited slip in my 2000 camaro A4 im not really big on topend speed i prefer acceleration i drive it everyday i dont know very much about gear ratios wnd am woundering what would give me better acceleration but keep my driveability any help thanx

Re: rear end

4.10!!!!!!!!!!:banana:

That will make a world of difference in your acceleration. But you'll be doing higher rpm's on interstate, and much more shifting in your daily city driving.

If you drive a lot on the highway , then you might not want 4.10's, unless you drive 65mph, or don't care about turning high rpms in order to speed. A 3.73 gear is more common, but I say 4.10 for better acceleration.

I have a 4.10 and just do 65mph on interstate (at 2500rpm's). But I also have taller tires (28 inches, old stockers were 26inches i think...), so that helps lower the rpms some on interstate.

Comment

Originally posted by tonloc22
      im looking to put a limited slip in my 2000 camaro A4 im not really big on topend speed i prefer acceleration i drive it everyday i dont know very much about gear ratios wnd am woundering what would give me better acceleration but keep my driveability any help thanx

You being in Norfolk area I would get 3.73's. You have to get on 64 and 264 so damn much to get anywhere that is alot of highway driving. I don't recommend 4:10's as a daily driver, gas milage will be complete and utter crap. Do you know what gears you have now? I went from 3.23's to 3.42's when I did mt yearend swap cause I'm on the highway alot and didn't want to kill my gas milage but wanted to be a lil quicker.
      Originally posted by kala
      I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
      parting her out

Comment

Originally posted by crushedout
        You being in Norfolk area I would get 3.73's. You have to get on 64 and 264 so damn much to get anywhere that is alot of highway driving. I don't recommend 4:10's as a daily driver, gas milage will be complete and utter crap. Do you know what gears you have now? I went from 3.23's to 3.42's when I did mt yearend swap cause I'm on the highway alot and didn't want to kill my gas milage but wanted to be a lil quicker.
        i don't want to thread jack so sorry in advanced. i just have one question i want to do the same thing when you went up to the 3.42s how much of a difference did you feel?

Comment

Originally posted by bullit70
          i don't want to thread jack so sorry in advanced. i just have one question i want to do the same thing when you went up to the 3.42s how much of a difference did you feel?
          I still havn't drove the car cause I'm waiting on other items. Make a new thread and someone should chime in.

TEAM BLACK!!!
          parting her out

Comment

thanks guys i was gonna do it this weekend but i have to drive to MI from norfolk VA to go home on leave. so im gonna do the lsd and 3.73 gears when i get back no more 1 tire fire lol:banana:

Comment

Gas mileage with 4.10's is of course worse than with 3.73 or higher (numerically lower). But its not all about RPM, remember, throttle position plays a big role as well. With 4.10's just go easy with the gas and I bet you would enjoy them.

Comment

You could PM smoke panther, IIRC he has 4.10's and lives in Newport News. He could give his opinion on driving around local area and his gas milage

TEAM BLACK!!!
                parting her out

Comment

Originally posted by greasemonkey
                  Gas mileage with 4.10's is of course worse than with 3.73 or higher (numerically lower). But its not all about RPM, remember, throttle position plays a big role as well. With 4.10's just go easy with the gas and I bet you would enjoy them.
                  Yea, very true. If I don't dog the vehicle, I can experiance between 21-23mpg. But then again, it's difficult not to dog it off the line. I mean, it's just---fun. Key to good gas milage is not dogging it and finding that "sweet spot" in intersate, which is usually too slow for the driver's taste.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X