Aluminum DS...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aluminum DS...

Got one for Christmas, popped the rear u-joint out today to replace it. (Crazy design though with the injected nylon bushings. Had to heat up around the ears and then use an arbor press to press the joints out.) Going to NAPA tomorrow to pick up a new one. I'm looking forward to see how much of a difference I should feel. I'll give an update tomorrow. I also might polish it up with some Meguiars alum. polish I have just for the hell of it. It will be good for pics before I put it in at least. =P

Re: Aluminum DS...

meh...I didn't feel a whole lot difference when I went from a 2-pc to a alum. DS. Maybe you'll get a better SOTP feeling

Comment

its not much of a difference but i felt that something was different so i am assuming that the DS was it :)

76 Camaro Rally Sport-355/TH350- Soon to be LT1/TH350 with a little laughing gas to wake it up...;)
      89 Ram D350 CTD/M5- 1 Ton Dually getting 27 MPG's

Comment

.2 in the 1/4 for me here from the switch, I was happy
        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Cool, all I can ask for is the SOTP effect... That's good enough for me. I'll let you guys know.

Comment

i didnt feel **** switching from a two piece and i even added headers at the same time so but then again i am very hard to please =)

Comment

i went from a 1 piece steel to the alum. i couldn't feel anything.
              WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

I went from 1 piece steel to an aluminum and gained a solid .1 at the track on every run.
                Shawn<br />2002 Silver W68 Firebird

Comment

i went from a 2piece to the aluminum and felt a huge difference...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                  1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Yep, got it in today and it's more of a placebo/SOTP kinda gain. But I'm glad I did it. The car is becoming my own now that I've done some work on it, and that's what it's all about, right? Doing what you can with what you've got. :banana:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X