Aluminum Driveshaft for 3.4L?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aluminum Driveshaft for 3.4L?

I am going to upgrade my two piece driveshaft to a one piece aluminum driveshaft. This aluminum driveshaft is off of a 98-02 ls1 camaro. Would this driveshaft fit directly into my 3.4L 1995 Automatic Camaro? Thanks.

Re: Aluminum Driveshaft for 3.4L?

yes it will, you will need to remove the center carrier bolts holding the 2 piece in place and that is a kick in the nuts. But after that you simply slide out the old one and slide in the new one.

btw did you fix your spark plug prob?
    Last edited by tkoforpresident; 12-24-2007, 07:08 PM.

Comment

yea it will fit perfect, i had to cut the brakcet for the original DS off the torque arm for my Lingenfelter heavy duty DS but that was becuase it is 3.5" dia. you will see a slight increase in throttle response and gas mileage

76 Camaro Rally Sport-355/TH350- Soon to be LT1/TH350 with a little laughing gas to wake it up...;)
      89 Ram D350 CTD/M5- 1 Ton Dually getting 27 MPG's

Comment

Originally posted by ninety4three4
        yea it will fit perfect, i had to cut the brakcet for the original DS off the torque arm for my Lingenfelter heavy duty DS but that was becuase it is 3.5" dia. you will see a slight increase in throttle response and gas mileage

i didnt see any response but to each his own.

i had to cut the bottom bolt off the bottom of hte bracket cuz that sucker was stuck on there. Then it was hard to get to but the top bolt came out like butter.

Comment

i didnt see any response but to each his own.
          what?

76 Camaro Rally Sport-355/TH350- Soon to be LT1/TH350 with a little laughing gas to wake it up...;)

Comment

i didnt feel any seat of the pants improvement.

Comment

i like guinea pigs

Comment

i felt improved rev time, and the gas mileage improvment that is with my lingenfelter that weighs next to nothing i have no clue about the stock units, so i appologize for that, i can tell you like guinea pigs, lol

Comment

wow you got a lingenfelter? aren't those things like 400 dollars?

anyhow maybe i did gain something but it wasnt excruciatingly noticeable.

how much does your d.s weigh? i think mines like 12 now compared to the stock 2 piece which was like 22

Comment

i think it is 8 lbs. but i didnt weight it or anything, i got that my borla and the prokit springs for 500 from my friend it was a bargain of a life time... besides the fact that i got my car for 100 :)

Comment

Thanks for your help guys. I have not fixed the ngk spark plug problem yet but will after I enjoy my Christmas with family. Merry Christmas to all of you!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X