Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• too cheap for a short shifter?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PRO-1...spagenameZWDVW

i know it says for mustangs, but i think it might work for us too? if so, it sounds way to cheap for what it is.

comments?
    1999 v6 Camaro M5
    Automatic to Manual converted
    Pacesetter Headers, 2.5" Custom True Duals with X-Pipe and Magnaflow Bullet Muffers,
    !cat, Intake, 3.42's with LSD, MSD Wires, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Short Shifter, Tuned PCM

Re: too cheap for a short shifter?

I don't think it will work with ours. IIRC, the shaft on that one is angled towards the driver, and that makes the stick not clear the cut-out in the cabin. I could be wrong though
    ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
    A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Mustang short shifters don't work for ours.

Comment

Northern auto online has them for $76. Mine works great.

Comment

Originally posted by mloaks
          Northern auto online has them for $76. Mine works great.
          Does it have the adjustable screws/stops so you don't miss gears and stuff?
          1999 v6 Camaro M5
          Pacesetter Headers, 2.5" Custom True Duals with X-Pipe and Magnaflow Bullet Muffers,
          !cat, Intake, 3.42's with LSD, MSD Wires, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Short Shifter, Tuned PCM

Comment

It's the pro-form, IIRC
            ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
            A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

I cut the stocker on the cars I had that were stick and used a heavier shift knob. I dunno if there is a problem with that or not, but it worked for me.

Comment

greasemonkey: The ole' hacksaw to the shifter is fine. I like it because it is one of the least noticeable ghetto-mods out there (provided you put on a new knob.)

The difference is that the 'kit' short shifters move the pivot upwards, as opposed to shortening the shifter handle. The upside to the kit is that the knob is further away from the pivot, giving you more mechanical advantage vs. a chopped handle (it will require more force to move it than stock, but not as bad as a chopped handle.)

Personally I prefer a shortened (hacked) handle because the stock length made me feel like I was driving a truck. :)

Comment

lol ya. My G5 it was huge! I bought a $15 handle from Murrays and it has a nice weight to it the throws didn't seem as hard because of more leverage.

Comment

i bought a brand new hurst short shifter with everything for $150, pretty happy
                    1999 v6 Camaro M5

Comment

Originally posted by mestupryan
                      Does it have the adjustable screws/stops so you don't miss gears and stuff?
                      If it does, I left them alone. Never miss a shift, good feel and sound. But Ive never needed stops, 'gotta feel for my automobile (Queen)...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X