flywheel bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flywheel bolts

does anyone know the metric specifications of the 8 flywheel to crankshaft bolts? their not in the diagrams manual and i need to know
    1999 v6 Camaro M5
    Automatic to Manual converted
    Pacesetter Headers, 2.5" Custom True Duals with X-Pipe and Magnaflow Bullet Muffers,
    !cat, Intake, 3.42's with LSD, MSD Wires, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Short Shifter, Tuned PCM

Re: flywheel bolts

yeah im just bumping this up in case anyone every searches for this, but the bolts are 5/16 X 18... has to be in US size because there inst an exact metric size that would fit.
    1999 v6 Camaro M5
    Pacesetter Headers, 2.5" Custom True Duals with X-Pipe and Magnaflow Bullet Muffers,
    !cat, Intake, 3.42's with LSD, MSD Wires, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Short Shifter, Tuned PCM

Comment

pull one of the other bolts out and go to a hardware store and find a nut that it threads into and youve got youre thread and pitch, if the markings on the heads are 8.9 10.9 12.9 etc they are metric if they are slash marks they are standard

76 Camaro Rally Sport-355/TH350- Soon to be LT1/TH350 with a little laughing gas to wake it up...;)
      89 Ram D350 CTD/M5- 1 Ton Dually getting 27 MPG's

Comment

I believe that they are 1/2 or 9/16. but watch out when you tighten them up they do not take much torque to break, 40 ft lbs is the max I would put on them. they will break at 42 or so.

Comment

he already broke them...

76 Camaro Rally Sport-355/TH350- Soon to be LT1/TH350 with a little laughing gas to wake it up...;)

Comment

Originally posted by 99 Camaro SuperSix
            I believe that they are 1/2 or 9/16. but watch out when you tighten them up they do not take much torque to break, 40 ft lbs is the max I would put on them. they will break at 42 or so.
            little too late

Comment

you can go to the dealer and get the right bolts, it will cost a little bit more but they will be the factory bolts

item #24505092

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyshells
                you can go to the dealer and get the right bolts, it will cost a little bit more but they will be the factory bolts

item #24505092

good call on that

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyshells

item #24505092
                  that is what I did and they will cost about 4.00 a bolt and they only come packs of 5.

Comment

Originally posted by 99 Camaro SuperSix
                    that is what I did and they will cost about 4.00 a bolt and they only come packs of 5.

yeah same thing happened to me, i ordered a pack from gmpartsdirect.com and i figured a pack would be 8 since thats how many you need, but nope its 5. on top of that they have to special ordered and it took almost a month to get it to me. so f that
                    1999 v6 Camaro M5

Comment

go to a fastener store, a store that just sells nuts, bolts, and other assorted fasteners they will be able to help you out

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X