how does this happen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how does this happen?

ok guys i dont know how, but i blew out my tranny, split the case in half, and i was wondering what other trans will fit in the car, something that can hold a bit more power, i know the 4l60e's are rated to about 550hp, and thats what i had in it, but is there any other kind that can withstand more power and tourture, i beat on the thing good at the track. also has anyone ever had problems with a trans that has a shift kit in, obviously the shift kit puts more strain on the trans, so is there anything out there that can stand up to my car?

thanks boys

Re: how does this happen?

How many neutral drops did it take to split the transmission case? Have pics?

Brian
    sigpic

Comment

word is, the shift kits are supposed to help lengthen the life of the tranny. This post kinda reminds me of the time when I had my 91 Chevy Silverado. I was goofing around, put it in reverse, backed it up fast, stopped, threw it in drive without letting it stop all the way on accident, punched it. The result? I cracked the bellhousing 2/3 of the way around the tranny. O_o I still made it the ~10 miles home with the tranny slipping, not catching sometimes and all.
      Originally posted by LETZRIDE
      I've never touched a rear end before

Comment

lol yea i've been lucky that's never happened to me. Shift kits will reduce the life of your transmission for hte simple fact that they induce more stress on the tranny because of the quicker and firmer shifts. I still think they would work wonders in your case though seeing as you like to have your car on the track
        Car expresses who you are. If you have a ****ty car, you must be a ****ty person;)<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X