Zexel Additive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zexel Additive

Holy Confusion. So I do a search for "zexel additive" it comes up with a few hits and I start searching. One thread says yes the zexel needs an additive the next says no it doesn't, oh but the third says both yes and no. So can someone enlighten me as to wether it is a yes or no? I'm getting it changed tomorrow and would hate to have something happen to my car.
    Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Re: Zexel Additive

IIRC, it's not needed, but it's not too expensive, so go ahead and add it. Won't hurt anything having it in there, but could hurt something if it's needed and not in. Many people are running without it in their Zexels and haven't had problems, so it's upto you. I personally would put it in, just for peace of mind.
    ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
    A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Originally posted by RadRacer
      IIRC, it's not needed, but it's not too expensive, so go ahead and add it. Won't hurt anything having it in there, but could hurt something if it's needed and not in. Many people are running without it in their Zexels and haven't had problems, so it's upto you. I personally would put it in, just for peace of mind.
      See that's what I mean. Everyone sounds bipolar on this topic.
      Thanks for the advice though.

Comment

Like I said man, it's upto you. If you're gonna loose sleep over it, then throw a bottle in there. If you'll sleep just fine at night, then don't worry about it
        ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
        A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

I checked the "other" camaro forum and it's more unanimous that it's not required in the zexel only in the clutch types. I wouldn't care one way or another it's just when I'm putting 350-400 miles a week on it I'd be ****ed hard without it.

Comment

same **** as said above dude. you dont need it and it doesnt hurt. if your going to lose sleep thinking somethings going to go wrong, its like 9 bux a bottle. buy it and be done. if you dont care and you want to save money, just use a good brand gear oil (synthetic if you can)
            WE CAN REBUILD IT, WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY

Comment

I have all ways used the additive, all the GM mechanics I've talked to in the past say use it. So I would use it.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Look in the owners manual. You should find that GM recommends it.
                Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

I ended up having it put in it's just one of those confusing things. When you search the forums you don't get a real solid answer and even searching the internet it's not that clear. I haven't dissected a rear diff before but the best explanation I found why it's not required is that the zexel doesn't have the clutches an auburn diff does. Anywho it's been added and again thanks for the all the feedback.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X