gears changing shift points??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gears changing shift points??

im getting ready to have a set of 3.73s put in my 95 3.4 camaro. its an A4. while i have searched for info about changing gears i heard people say it will mess up your shift points. since there is no tuning for my car what can i do? i dont want to spend all this money just to have my car run like crap because it cant shift right. what are my options?

Re: gears changing shift points??

Do cars with different gears have different shift points from the factory..?

How the hell would it matter though... it's just going to be a different speed you shift at... the important thing is the RPM's which wouldn't change.. the wheels will just be a few mph ahead of what it would be with lower gears.

To answer your question.. Really.. it depends on what the shift is dependent on, RPM or MPH.. I don't know which it is.. but probably RPM.

I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by xmetallicaxguitaristx
      Do cars with different gears have different shift points from the factory..?

How the hell would it matter though... it's just going to be a different speed you shift at... the important thing is the RPM's which wouldn't change.. the wheels will just be a few mph ahead of what it would be with lower gears.

To answer your question.. Really.. it depends on what the shift is dependent on, RPM or MPH.. I don't know which it is.. but probably RPM.

I don't know.

The car would be seeing "X" miles per hour, when actually you would be at a lower speed. Therefore the car won't reach the same amount of RPMs at a WOT shift. It's an A4...
      '99 Mountaineer AWD 5.0 - 4300K HID, Some Bolt-ons
      '97 RS - HPTuner, Bolt-ons
      '09 WRX - Aesthetic mods

Comment

i beleive the shift is dependant on both RPM and MPH, since the speedo will be put off it will screw up the shift points, so yes cars with differant factory gears would have differant shift points. the only thing i can think of is the company Dakota Digital have some kind of tuner that will adjust the speedo and it supposably works with my car, do you guys think that will straighten everything out?

Comment

As long as it sends the right speed signal to your PCM, everything should be fine.
          '99 Mountaineer AWD 5.0 - 4300K HID, Some Bolt-ons
          '97 RS - HPTuner, Bolt-ons
          '09 WRX - Aesthetic mods

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X