Weird transmission problem - need some advice! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weird transmission problem - need some advice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird transmission problem - need some advice!

I just bought a 1994 firebird. For some reason it will not shift into the next gear at WOT. Nor will it rev over about 4200-4600 rpms if I hold it in first. If I floor the car the transmission will downshift and the car will pull till about 4200 then the rpms will just sit there at 4200 until I let out of the gas a hair then it shifts into the next gear. No slipping just sits at 4200-4400. Feels like the car is losing all power and just idling at high rpms.

What do you guys think this could be?

Re: Weird transmission problem - need some advice!

Just guessing here, but....how about resetting the Downshift cable. My 3rd Gen T/A and my olds 88 both used to shift wonky when the cable was out of adjustment. Always had to reset them every couple of weeks.
    Now Playing: \'99 Pewter Firebird, stock, bone stock, and nothing but stock, so help me God!<br />Comming attractions: K&N Filter, Lid Mod, Intake Bellows Smooth Pipe Mod.<br />I dream about: Forced Induction (TC or SC) or NOX (or both!)

Comment

the transmission is electronicly controlled

Comment

will it rev to redline in neutral or park?

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
        http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
        Or this

Comment

When was the last time the tranny had a flush and filter change? I would look into your shift solnoids...they control your shifts.

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber
            will it rev to redline in neutral or park?
            Yes it revs to redline fine in neutral or park

Originally posted by Christopherrr
            When was the last time the tranny had a flush and filter change? I would look into your shift solnoids...they control your shifts.

The fluid is bright red and looks brand new. I just bought this car and the guy claimed it has a rebuilt transmission.

Comment

Check for a clogged catalytic converter. Does the exhaust feel very week coming out of the tail pipe? Chances are the engine can't build enough RPM the meet the shift requirements.

Brian
              Last edited by bigbrian442; 11-17-2007, 03:11 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X