Axles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axles?

So I pulled the left side axle on the torsen (disc brake) rear end I just bought and it is definitly bent, and unusable, as is the bearing on that side. Can I replace it with the axle from my stock open diff rear end (drum brake)? Also, I'm wondering if the axle housing is also bent from whatever bent the axle shaft. Should I trust the housing that it's in or switch the guts over to my stock one?

Re: Axles?

How bad was the axle bent? Might be better to switch everything over to your old one, at least you know there wasn't any damage done to that one.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by NYTRYDR
      So I pulled the left side axle on the torsen (disc brake) rear end I just bought and it is definitly bent, and unusable, as is the bearing on that side. Can I replace it with the axle from my stock open diff rear end (drum brake)? Also, I'm wondering if the axle housing is also bent from whatever bent the axle shaft. Should I trust the housing that it's in or switch the guts over to my stock one?
      What year is the new and old rears? If they are both 93-97 or 98+, then fine. If they are not the same period then no. The axles are different lengths, the 93-97 being longer.
      Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

my original is a 96, the new one is a 99+ I believe. That sux. Anybody know a good way to check the axle house for straightness. The axle shaft that is bent is unusable. The hub deflects about 1/4 inch when you spin it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X