question about transmission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about transmission

i bought a 5 speed tranny out of a 1994 camaro a couple of months ago for my conversion. the thing is, my car is a 1999. would it be possible for it to work with my car?
    1999 v6 Camaro M5
    Automatic to Manual converted
    Pacesetter Headers, 2.5" Custom True Duals with X-Pipe and Magnaflow Bullet Muffers,
    !cat, Intake, 3.42's with LSD, MSD Wires, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Short Shifter, Tuned PCM

Re: question about transmission

because no one is respoding here's what i think.
    the tranny itself should work, but im pretty sure you will need a different bellhousing. The inputshaft might even be different but im not 100% sure.
    maybe some one else will chime in

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyshells
      because no one is respoding here's what i think.
      the tranny itself should work, but im pretty sure you will need a different bellhousing. The inputshaft might even be different but im not 100% sure.
      maybe some one else will chime in
      yeah, i found this passage in the hayne's manual today:

"The hydraulic release system consists of the clutch pedal, a master cylinder and fluid reservoir, the hydraulic line, a release (or slave) cylinder which actuates the clutch release lever (1997 and earlier models only) and the clutch release (or throwout) bearing. On all 3800 engines and 1998 and later v8 engines, the release cylinder is located inside the bellhousing and is bolted directly over the transmission input shaft to actuate the release bearing."

I'm pretty sure the only tranny used from 1993-2002 in V6 models was the M49 Berg Warner/Tremec 5 speed transmission. So, its sounds like I just need a 98+ newer master/slave cylinder, and bell housing.

Feel free to post any disagreements, I want to know....
      1999 v6 Camaro M5
      Pacesetter Headers, 2.5" Custom True Duals with X-Pipe and Magnaflow Bullet Muffers,
      !cat, Intake, 3.42's with LSD, MSD Wires, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Short Shifter, Tuned PCM

Comment

anybody? i want to know for sure that there wasn't any different 5 speed transmissions from 93-02 in the v6s.
        1999 v6 Camaro M5

Comment

Originally posted by mestupryan
          yeah, i found this passage in the hayne's manual today:

"The hydraulic release system consists of the clutch pedal, a master cylinder and fluid reservoir, the hydraulic line, a release (or slave) cylinder which actuates the clutch release lever (1997 and earlier models only) and the clutch release (or throwout) bearing. On all 3800 engines and 1998 and later v8 engines, the release cylinder is located inside the bellhousing and is bolted directly over the transmission input shaft to actuate the release bearing."

I'm pretty sure the only tranny used from 1993-2002 in V6 models was the M49 Berg Warner/Tremec 5 speed transmission. So, its sounds like I just need a 98+ newer master/slave cylinder, and bell housing.

All 3800 are the same - the slave is INSIDE the bell housing. There is no "clutch release lever" - that is for a V8.
          Install a 98+ slave and you should be good to go.
          Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT
            All 3800 are the same - the slave is INSIDE the bell housing. There is no "clutch release lever" - that is for a V8.
            Install a 98+ slave and you should be good to go.

but the transmission i want to swap in is from a 94' 3.4L, would that be a problem?
            1999 v6 Camaro M5

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X