ferrari style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ferrari style

is it possible to get rid of the boot thing and put one of those ferrari style shifters in? makes it stainless steal, metal on metal, with a metal clink noise every time you shift. sounds bad a**.

Re: ferrari style

It's called a gated shifter. Yes you could just cut one out and bolt it up some how. Personally I don't think it would look good at all.

If you want a clicking sound why don't you get a short shifter? That was it would actually be functional.

Comment

having that metal gate on your shifter will slow down you're ability to shift. When you're shifting quickly, the handle in our cars take more of a direct-route path, rather than straight-up-then-over-then-up.

Comment

wouldn't look good and would be a waste imo... but if you do it then post up some pics... you never know that it could be a hit.
        Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Why would you wnat that especially around the black plastic that your console is made of it, it would be ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by elkindw
            Why would you wnat that especially around the black plastic that your console is made of it, it would be ugly.
            You could do an anodized finish (or similar) in just about any color. Might look good.

Comment

i say go for it. if you dont race your car that often, it may be kinda cool.

but if you like to crunch gears, then its a no-go.

Comment

Originally posted by NYTRYDR
                You could do an anodized finish (or similar) in just about any color. Might look good.
                That's what I wouldv'e done. i'm thinkin about getting a stainless steel or brushed aluminum theme going on.

Comment

:tup: i think it looks very cool before i got my f-body i had plans of that type of shifter or shift gate>>Click image for larger version

Name:	f_&_L_shifter.jpg
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	1535531
                  go for it if it come out good ill buy one from you

Comment

holy ferrari shifter montage batman!!!

Comment

if i did put one in, wouldn't it vibrate all the time? my stick moves around so that would affect it a lot. that's not a bad thing is it? (the stick moving)

Comment

maybe its the tranny mount i got a new tranny mount (energy sus) but it shacks moves and every thing you can think of maybe i need a spacer or something??

you can always put some kind of rubber in or around the inside of the gate or forks

Comment

the only time i ever considered doing that was when i was new at driving a manual and afraid of switching into the wrong gear

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X