valve body change out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• valve body change out

hey guys what is up. well i got my new valve body in today for my trany. i am wondering if anyone else has had to do this. i got instructions with the valve body and it doesn't look to hard however; if anyone has done this before, what problems did you run into or was it as easy as i am hopeing it is. also it doesn't look like i have to drop the trany, i know it would be easier to work on it, but i really don't want to if i don't have to. i have a 2000 camaro with the 4l60e trany. any input would be very very helpfull. Thanks Guys.

Re: valve body change out

yep alot of members have had that problem.. I think the most common fix is replacing it with the annox kit i believe. (excuse me if im wrong) As i recall most of the members just took it in. Its like a 200-300 dollar job. I had it done on my car and since then i havent had a problem with the hard shifting.

You shouldnt have to drop the tranny, just the pan and everything should be there. Good Luck

Comment

my brothers car had to have it done, paid $300 and had professionals do it.

It can be done with the trans on the car, needs only the trans pan to be removed, not whole trans

let a shop do it, save the headaches
      http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

its preaty ease i dont know if the 4l60e uses check balls like the none electronic one(4l60) but if it does get your self a tub of trans gel makes things alot easier

Comment

ya it does, us check balls. there are a total of 8 or 9. all but one are in the valve body it self the only thing i am worried about is just messing up somthing and then i go to back out and nothing moves you know. there is one in the case and i am going out on thuesday to get the trany fluid and the trans jell. i don't think it should be to hard i just hope this fixes the 1-2 shift. everyone tells me it does and that i am happy about. thanks for the info.

Comment

any news howd it go

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X