Putting stock shifter in???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting stock shifter in???

Ok so i got my new car today a 1997 z and it has a B&M rachet shifter in it and i absolutly hate it and want to put the stock shifter back in but i dont know how. can someone please help me and tell me how to put the stock one in....also the guy told me that all richmond 3.73's whine becaues the ones in this whine.....can someone please help me as soon as possible...

thanks

Re: Putting stock shifter in???

to change the shifter, just take off the smaller part of your center cons. remove the shift knob, then the rubber boot underneath. then there will be 4 bolts that hold in the shifter. that's it.

as for the whine, they ALL don't whine, but i know that alot do. i guess it has to do with the install.
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

a lot of people claim richmond's gears whine more than anybody elses. They shouldn't whine very bad though. I set mine up and thought I messed up. Redid the whole thing once again and I stil get a very slight whine sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by kristen
        to change the shifter, just take off the smaller part of your center cons. remove the shift knob, then the rubber boot underneath. then there will be 4 bolts that hold in the shifter. that's it.
        its a auto....

87 Firebird RIP
        96 Camaro RS RIP
        94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
        02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by SilverRS96
          its a auto....

ahhhhhhhhhhh ok, well this is one of those times that only reading certain words in the post didn't work.
          WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X