plz need help fast!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plz need help fast!!!

as we speak i am trying to install a 1 piece aluminum driveshaft into my car. it is a 93 firebird with a two piece steel in it right now. i have the four bolts off of the yoke and the one half is just hanging there but the center piece holding it together is keeping me from taking it out. there is a steel circle with a rubber piece in the middle keeping it from sliding out of the transmission, and i cant get the two bolts off that are holding it together. looking at my once piece i don't think it even needs the center piece to work and i don't think it would even fit, can i just cut the center piece off and then install the driveshaft? should it just slide out? please help i am currently at a friends house and need my car soon!! please help

Re: plz need help fast!!!

I dont understand all of your post but... there are 4 bolt on yolk and 2 bolts in the center. The 2 piece will slide out. Then the 1 piece slides in and 4 bolts on yolk bolt it in. Thats it. The 2 bolts in center are no longer used. I think thats what your asking but I dunno. Hope this helps a little.
    Originally posted by kala
    I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
    parting her out

Comment

yes yes thats it! so technically can i cut out the center piece?? because there is no way those bolts are coming off

Comment

Originally posted by tkoforpresident
        yes yes thats it! so technically can i cut out the center piece?? because there is no way those bolts are coming off
        they come off, but they are a real PITFA. Getting those bolts off are a rite of passage. :)

As Crushedout said, you don't need them on the 1-piece.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

cutting the DS in half won't solve your problem. You need to remove the bolts on the brace and remove the brace. Buy some PB blaster and get a small wrench

Comment

thanx guys, we ended up cutting the bottom bolt off and then wiggling the d.s. enough to get a rachet up to the top one and very luckily that one came out like butter, obviously the install was cake after that, thanx again!

Comment

Glad it worked out for you
              Originally posted by kala
              I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
              parting her out

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X