Gearing Differences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gearing Differences

What are the MPH differences for 3.23, 3.42, and 3.73 gears? IE, when cruising down the interstate in fifth gear, what RPMs do you guys run at with the different ratios? I've got really good gas mileage on my Bird with the stock ratio (3.23), and I really don't want to mess with it too bad since I have to drive long distance a lot.

Re: Gearing Differences

http://www.f-body.org/gears/

^Figure it out yourself

Comment

Now if I only new the gears inside my tranny. Got a link where I can find those?

Comment

I already gave you a link where you can find those...It's in the gear calculator. Under the "Make A Selection" tab, go down to 1995+ F-body V6

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke Panther
          I already gave you a link where you can find those...It's in the gear calculator. Under the "Make A Selection" tab, go down to 1995+ F-body V6
          I did that and it came up 3.42's while I had 3.23's so its not always right.
          Originally posted by kala
          I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
          parting her out

Comment

You can modify the gears in the rear-end by typing them in. :)

Comment

I comprehend that was just saying the website is not perfect and if YOU ask for help maybe he could just awnser instead of being a smart ***
              Originally posted by kala
              I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
              parting her out

Comment

I got that too, I was just saying that you can stick whatever rearend you want in there. There were what, three different gears that our cars could have came with, depending on the tranny and what package we got?

Comment

Originally posted by crushedout
                  I comprehend that was just saying the website is not perfect and if YOU ask for help maybe he could just awnser instead of being a smart ***
                  If you'd actually take the 3 seconds and read the first post, you'll note that the OP did not ask for a specific speed he was looking for. So, I would have just had to pick a random speed, and everytime I've answered people's questions about RPM difference and speed in that manner, they always reply "well wat about at 50/40/70/1,392/12 mph in 4th/1st/3rd/10th/2nd gear?"

So if getting tired of answering the same lame question makes me a smartass, then yes, I am king of smartasses

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X