Torque Converter ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torque Converter ???

I get a stutter on initial acceleration through the rest of the gears im fine nothing i was wondering if this was the torque converter or somthing else
    96 auto camaro how much am i looking at price wise? any outher comments are helpful :)

Re: Torque Converter ???

If the torque converter's going, you'll know it. This happened to my 94' Camaro and it was a loud grinding type of noise.
    2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
    1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
    2011 Cadillac CTS-V
    2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

no grinding really just like its not hooking up what could it be then

Comment

over worn tires......

Comment

It could be a number of things, but one common issue with the 4L60E and your problem is a broken plastic forward clutch accumulator piston. It is located in the valve body and points towards the back of the pan. There is a metal cover held on by 3 bolts and there is a heavy spring that is against the cover, there is also a small spring and smaller valve that can fall out while this cover is off. If you have not serviced the trans in a long time or ever than your filter could be clogged and is restricting flow. I would at least suggest dropping the pan and replacing the filter and putting new fluid in it, but its easy enough to check the accumulator piston and if it is broken it will cause forward clutches to burn up over time. Something else to think about replacing is the pressure control solenoid as this can fail and cause low pressure. Worst case your trans is just getting tired and seals on the inside arent doing there job and you need an overhaul.

Comment

Just replace the fluid and see if this helps. I know I have a special machine that I used to swap fluid out while the car was running (did 20 quarts, I know it's overkill lol) and now mine's refreshed
            Car expresses who you are. If you have a ****ty car, you must be a ****ty person;)<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979</a>

Comment

yeah i changed my trans fluid 1st thing so i guess i will just get it checked out

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X