worried about my new clutch!!! plz help - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

worried about my new clutch!!! plz help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• worried about my new clutch!!! plz help

ok, so i was leaving my buds driveway a few weeks ago and my clutch went out... (luckly he "said" he knew how to fix it)

we took the trany off and found that my clutch was shot (obviously) and installed a new one after he broke my slave cylnder , so i had to buy a new one of those as well...

put the car down and bled it forever until finally a lil pressure was there... later he told me that he didnt put 2 bolts back on the top of the tranny, but said they wouldnt effect nethn cuz the bellhousing was together...

it drove fine, but after i took it easy on it 4 the 500 miles, the area around my tranny started making a knocking sound, and makes not natural metal swishing noises when i go to let off the clutch ( the noise fails when i push the clutch in)

it was a little louder than normal tonight, and i checked my brake fluid, and it was a darker color again, which as far as i kno means my clutch is burning up , again...

is there anything we could of possibly did wrong, or does anyone hav ne ideas on what my next move needs to be? plz help me out sumhow... thanx

Re: worried about my new clutch!!! plz help

did you guys replace the pilot bushing/bearing? and slap your friend for leaving out the 2 bolts, i would get those back in asap

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Slap him real good for not putting the two bolts in, and don't let him work on the car anymore either. If they put the bolts in there, it means they need to be there:P

Comment

yeah why dont you just drive around with only 2 lugnuts on each wheel and see what happens

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

I've done that ^, but not by choice and not for long >.>

Comment

the point is your friend was too lazy to put those top bolts back in so who knows what else he skipped up on

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X