A4 Replacement questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A4 Replacement questions

Replacing my A4 because my old one is stuck in first, even in neutral, reverse and park. It still shifts in drive but reverse just doesnt work.

Anyways, I got a new tranny for 300 bucks with only 60k on it. I figure that while its out I should do a 1LE Tranny mount, shift kit, and a corvette servo.

Questions though.

Do they make 1le Tranny mounts for A4s? I've never seen a 1LE Auto before.

Second, where do I get a corvette servo and shiftkit and do I have to drop the tranny oil pan to install them?

I work as a mechanic at a shop so I have all kinds of tools at my disposal, but I have never done any tranny work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks a bunch.
    Last edited by teal99camaro; 09-23-2007, 10:39 PM.
    Mystic Teal Metallic
    ET:15.1 NA 14.3@96 MPH 75 Dry Shot

Re: A4 Replacement questions

in order to install the shift kit you have to drop the tranny pan, the servo i believe you have to take aprt the actual trans. As for your other questions, im not sure

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

you have to drop the oil pan to put the shift kit,,and for the servo,its located outside the oilpan at the passanger side

Comment

I never realized that a shift kit required you to shift manually, so i'm not gunna do that. The corvette servo is an easy mod then?
        Mystic Teal Metallic
        ET:15.1 NA 14.3@96 MPH 75 Dry Shot

Comment

not all shift kits are like that. the ones where you shift manualy are like drag kits or something

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X