tranny rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tranny rebuild

is it possible if somone is mechanically inclined to rebuild there tranny themselves. i have a 98 camaro and when it gets really hot like over 50 miles it starts to have a harsh 1-2 shift. its been going on since may but i havent ever driven it that far but maybe twice. in town its fine and i heard somone say that if its been doing it for a long time then the tranny is toast. in town you cant tell at all though that anything is wrong with it. sure some of you are going to talk about the tcc valve body updte. but since ive been driving it in town i dont want to spend 300 dollars on the valve body update and my tranny go out a little after. im very mechanically inclined. is it possible for me to buy a rebuild kit and the rebuild book at autozone and do it myself. or should i def have someone else do it? has anyone rebuilt there own tranny.

Re: tranny rebuild

you would need to get a manual for that trans and know how to pull a trans and put it back in. but it's possible

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X