Shifter Comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shifter Comparison

Well, I've done research and read up on everything. It seems everyone prefers the Pro5.0 out of all the others. My question, is why? The only real difference I see is the Pro5.0 doesn't have the rubber "bushing" on the stick, where the Hurst does, but you could simply swap it out for a Lou's Short stick and be fine. So, why do you guys prefer the Pro5.0 over the Hurst Billet Plus? Reason I'm asking is I may be getting one soon, and I've found the Hurst for cheaper than the Pro5.0 and am debating on whether to get it or not.
    ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
    A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Re: Shifter Comparison

You'll get a 50/50 split anytime you ask a loaded question like this. Best suggestion... put your hands on both. See for yourself.

I personally had the Hurst w/Lou short stick and Momo pistol grip knob. Was a badass shift!! Maybe 3.4 slow to go will jump in here and put up his .02 about it. He now has the car and been driving it a lot.
    FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Administrator
    Stupid is rewarded with the ban button.
    Official Avatar Nazi according to Meatyshells :D

Comment

I just got a Hurst Billet Plus for my car and I absolutely love it. There's no slop, the shifts are smooth, and it's not ridiculously short (the stick) so it's better for the kind of driving I like to do (quick and twisty, less distance between the wheel and the shifter the better). Hurst knows their stuff, it's one primo shifter.

Comment

You have some options... You won't be disappointed by either of them. Kristen said she had the Pro 5.0 and another brand (can't remember off the top of my head) and preferred the 5.0. I also have the 5.0, and I can't say it's the best mod I've done to the car like other people have said, but it is a much much better and firmer shift than the stock shift. I think I've gotten used to it by now, but it is much shorter than stock. The only thing I can say, no matter which route you go, you should be pretty happy with it.

Also, with the 5.0, you can cut about 3/4" more off of the shifter stick.

Comment

i love my pro 5.0 and you can shave like an extra inch off the stick to make it even shorter

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

I had a Hurst with Lou's short stick. Get whatever is cheaper. You won't be dissapointed either way.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X