X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: pics from my axle swap

Originally posted by 99BlackW68
    haha awesome...
    no joke, I picked him up from school in the FB to go the carshow. and the first thing he says is "you put the wheels back on" like it was his reminding made me that me think to do it.

Originally posted by Bonemaro
    Err... I see from my quotes my typing is wonderful today. :spank:

Now I need to get his number vocabulary skills up so he can go tell his mother, "Dada needs a 3.73."
    hellyeah :rock: dude, loving the 3.73's. actually, I kind of wish I went w/ the 4.10's now. But the 3.73's really improved the low end punch.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedingFirebird
      no joke, I picked him up from school in the FB to go the carshow. and the first thing he says is "you put the wheels back on" like it was his reminding made me that me think to do it.
      hey you never know, you could have forgot :D

1999 Firebird Y87/W68

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedingFirebird
        hellyeah :rock: dude, loving the 3.73's. actually, I kind of wish I went w/ the 4.10's now. But the 3.73's really improved the low end punch.
        Yeah, having no experience either way, I'm torn between the 3.73 and 4.10. I was told having an M5, the 4.10 would be a shifting nightmare.

Either way, I need to get the LSD too. Extra low end doesn't mean jack when you're just roasting one tire.

Lounge Moderator

Comment

LOL that's great, kids sure say the funniest things... wait isn't that a TV show? haha

As for the gears, I went from 3.23 to 3.42 to 3.73 and that next step up to 4.10 is a pretty big leap. Personally I think the 3.73's are the limit for a DD T5 and even that's pushing it if you do a lot of highway. If we had a taller 1st/2nd gear like the M6's do along with that .52 or whatever 6th gear, then 4.10's would be no problem.

Good news is there's a company who just started offering modified T56's with the input shaft and bellhousing to fit our V6's. It is a bit pricey but no more so (actually I think it's less) than a Gforce T5 with custom ratio's.
          1994 Firebird 3.4<br />15.65 @ 86.8<br /><a href=\"http://www.funkz.net/firebird.htm\" target=\"_blank\">funkz.net/firebird</a><br /><a href=\"http://mywebpages.comcast.net/funkz/timeslips.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Timeslips</a>

Comment

i miss that kid lol, oh nice job on the axle too. as for your sons hat...boston sucks!!!
            WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by kristen
              as for your sons hat...boston sucks!!!
              Deeeeeeeeee ammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnn!

Lounge Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by FunkZ
                As for the gears, I went from 3.23 to 3.42 to 3.73 and that next step up to 4.10 is a pretty big leap.
                I would be going from a 3.23 directly to the 3.73, so that should be enough to keep my interests for a while, I reckon.

Lounge Moderator

Comment

i miss that kid lol,
                  Come visit him again! I'm sure he'd like to see you. He'd get a big kick out of having all the f-bodies in the driveway.

oh nice job on the axle too.
                  thanks :tup: I have not had much time to enjoy it. Maybe I'll get some time for a cruise next weekend.

as for your sons hat...boston sucks!!!
                  it was free. He thinks the B on it is for his name so it's his favorite hat.

Comment

ok at least he doesn't like f*cking boston! God i'm sorry but i really hate all those team.

please tell me that your staying with ny? YES I LIKE NY MORE THAN THOSE F*CKERS. LOL

back the axle, bring it to philly for a good break in. we can go to a track out this way?
                    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

back the axle, bring it to philly for a good break in. we can go to a track out this way?
                      we'll see. We've been in NY almost every weekend all summer. I'm looking forward to some time at home. Maybe late Oct?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X