New Clutch Is in..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Clutch Is in..

Well I was riding down the road to get the car buffed. On the way to the shop the car got stuck b/t neutral and 5th somehow. It had got to where when shifting to 5th I would have to move the shifter all the way to the right and then up instead of the usual slight right and up. Well got it towed to my buddys shop and we got it up on jack stands. Pulled the tranny and took it apart. Well there was a pebble sized piece of metal blocking the gear from going down, which caused the pole that the shifter operates from not to be able to move. Well that piece came out of a round plate like thing I guess from being in a bind somehow? Anyways we cleaned everything up and reassembled. And BAM it worked like new, that piece that the metal came off of was still able to be used. We cleaned it up and made sure it was safe to use. I have pics of what all we did and Ill post tomorrow.

While we had the tranny out we took a look at the clutch, it was fried. Pressure Plate was hot spotted like crazy and blue, about every other one the grooves in the disc were missing and worn down to nothing.(explains why I couldnt bark 2nd anymore :D ) I was so suprised to see how bad it was and not notice any slipping. I guess it could have been slipping a little and I just got used to it and not noticed. Well anyways I have 460 miles left out of 500 before I can start ripping on it again. The new clutch feels awesome and releases as soon as you move your foot. I about stalled it out the first time I took off lol.

Re: New Clutch Is in..

hey, what kind of clutch did you install? and did you change anything else like the flywheel, master, or slave cylinder?

Comment

Originally posted by sourial
      hey, what kind of clutch did you install? and did you change anything else like the flywheel, master, or slave cylinder?
      I used this clutch http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductD...pe=244&PTSet=A

I had the flywheel resurfaced. I kept the old slave cylinder in it, looked alright...I did replace the throwout bearing though.

Comment

Originally posted by 38camaro302

I had the flywheel resurfaced. I kept the old slave cylinder in it, looked alright...I did replace the throwout bearing though.
        Good luck, i did the same thing and it crapped out on me shortly later.

I had to replace the slave, to/b, and master cylinder after the original clutch and to/b install.
        *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

yeah I reccomend if you ever take the slave out, if you have more then 20k on it. Replace it....

Especially if its a factory orginal from before I think 01, they changed the design slightly.

Comment

wow since that is a nice time wise job i would have done it all. (i did do it all) better than having to do it over sooner.
            WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

True but Im in college and have no job since I didnt know my class scheduel...well actually I started my new job this morning, w0ot! So I didnt have a few hundread to spend on the parts that were still working. But thats bout to change with the new job, I hate not working and not having money to spend on my car. My mom would only loan me so much lol about $400. 59 of it went to the tow truck. Anyways we got the tranny pulled in 45 mins and after it was fixed back in in about an hour, so if I had to replace them here soon, it wouldnt be that bad, just a night up at the shop.

Comment

Originally posted by 38camaro302
                True but Im in college and have no job since I didnt know my class scheduel...well actually I started my new job this morning, w0ot! So I didnt have a few hundread to spend on the parts that were still working. But thats bout to change with the new job, I hate not working and not having money to spend on my car. My mom would only loan me so much lol about $400. 59 of it went to the tow truck. Anyways we got the tranny pulled in 45 mins and after it was fixed back in in about an hour, so if I had to replace them here soon, it wouldnt be that bad, just a night up at the shop.

i guess... it is only like $80 from GM parts direct I believe, and 2 extra screws once the tranny was pulled.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X