T56 conversion in process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T56 conversion in process

Just an FYI, my car is under going a T56 conversion. I'll post results for interested parties.
    Patrick<br />Sick Sixx Member<br /><b>97 Mystic Teal Camaro</b><br />425RWHP @14PSI<br />Old setup:<br />330RWHP @7PSI 13.9 @ 106.6 <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=4\" target=\"_blank\">Mods</a>

Re: T56 conversion in process

i heard that putting that transmission in our cars sucks, because since the v6's have such low torque its hard starting out due to the gear ratios

Comment

Pats car isnt the typical run of the mill v6 car. he's Turbo'd and should be putting down nice numbers on his new setup.

what happened to the T5 you had pat?

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
      Or this

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber
        Pats car isnt the typical run of the mill v6 car. he's Turbo'd and should be putting down nice numbers on his new setup.

what happened to the T5 you had pat?
        it's for sale
        http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums...656#post452656
        Patrick<br />Sick Sixx Member<br /><b>97 Mystic Teal Camaro</b><br />425RWHP @14PSI<br />Old setup:<br />330RWHP @7PSI 13.9 @ 106.6 <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=4\" target=\"_blank\">Mods</a>

Comment

Originally posted by cam98aro
          i heard that putting that transmission in our cars sucks, because since the v6's have such low torque its hard starting out due to the gear ratios
          That's why you change your rear end gears.

Comment

Please tell me how it all goes I would love to one in my car, just add n2o and gears :D

Comment

Originally posted by cam98aro
              Almost any of the FI cars can probably do fine with the T56. A few NA cars might be "OK" with it but a built T5 would probably be better. A N20 car would probably not be able to take advantage of it on the street since they don't always have the power, but for a 1/4 mile only car it would be a good choice. At least that's how I see it.
              2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

glad to see your going through with it. i remember the thread on the other site about it a little while back.

i wish i had money for that tranny, thats a great price for it.

good luck with the sale and the swap.
                1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

If you have a basically stock car and threw a T56 in it, then you wouldn't have to worry about highway mileage as much. You could throw in 4.10's or even something higher :D
                  ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                  A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Pictures

BTW my first gear will be 2.66

Comment

Definitely interested in this....

What are your plans for adapting it to the 3.8L? What input shaft? using the v6 hydraulics?

gearing won't be a problem if you properly match the rear gear.... If I had a T56, I'd still race my car and probably be juicing the piss out of it.
                      Last edited by DAS BOOT; 09-15-2007, 02:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DAS BOOT
                        Definitely interested in this....

What are your plans for adapting it to the 3.8L? What input shaft? using the v6 hydraulics?

gearing won't be a problem if you properly match the rear gear.... If I had a T56, I'd still race my car and probably be juicing the piss out of it.
                        I can't share how to make it work because the shop doing it wants it proprietary since they are doing the research to get it done.

The V6 hydraulics match the V8's. The gear is not a problem.

Comment

what clutch...twin disks???? 26 spline input shaft?

Comment

Originally posted by Linxs
                            I can't share how to make it work because the shop doing it wants it proprietary since they are doing the research to get it done.

The V6 hydraulics match the V8's. The gear is not a problem.

Will they sell the stuff? or only do installs at their shops?

Comment

All this talk of 3.8l M6 is turning me on :D We need more info Linxs!!
                              Representin' Team Red In The North

Red '96 Pontiac Firebird "Smokeshow" 3800, M5, Far From Stock!!

Black/Red '89 Jeep Cherokee "Tigerclaw" Chev 327, Turbo 400... Stock What??

Black/Red '02 Honda CBR 954RR Fireblade

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X