auto to manual conversion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• auto to manual conversion?

Anyone know approx cost of switching a car from automatic to manual trans?

There is a GORGEOUS 95 T/A (sorry guys, i'm not content with my v6 anymore :() It is really in prefect condition...116k on the LT1. the price is right and it is sooooo HOT HOT HOT. The ONLY thing I don't like is its an automatic, which to me is an automatic reason i wouldn't consider buying it. (no pun intended).

Re: auto to manual conversion?

like 15-2500 depending on what kind of parts and deals you could get on the parts

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

i know a local guy that could do a swap for $500 labor. But i dont no how easy it would be to get ALL the parts and things for another $500. But if u get a really good deal i think it can be done for around $1000-1200.

Comment

I am currently in the middle of this swap(much thanks to meatyshells) I am going to finish the job having spent about 1100 dollars and doing all the labor myself. I got a tranny, flywheel, shifter, pedal assembly, bellhousing, clutch fork & cylinders from an ebay auction for 650 after shipping(had 40,000 miles). I needed to buy a clutch kit (pressure plate, clutch disc, throwout bearing and pilot bushing: 200-300 dollars), transmission mount and crossmember (50 dollars), flywheel to crankshaft bolts and leather boot and shifter(30 dollars). In doing the job myself i also incurred the cost of some new straightpipes (lol)but thats not actually part of the job.
        Tools you will need if you dont have them. Torque wrench with 4 feet of 1/2 inch extension and a 1/2 inch drive swivel adaptor, 7,10,13,15,18 mm sockets, an adjustable wrench, reciprocating saw, drill with metal bits and 2 jacks and 5 jackstands (4 if you dont want to keep your rear diff supported) and a couple other random tools you probably have around (crowbar etc).

Anyway, if you have any questions meatyshells or myself can answer them. Good luck!

Comment

you are forgetting that all the parts for an lt1 cost a lot more than from a v6.

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

hey azadian, did you buy a brand new clutch assembly for 200-300? or did you get used. I am planning on doing this swap too and was hoping to only spend around 700 for the whole thing, im doing the labor myself, so if new stuff cost you this much, i may just take a used one (as long as it isnt raped) for cheaper. I'm not looking for an upgraded clutch. BTW, how much do you guys think i could get for my auto tranny, its got 69500 miles on it, its a '99, and its from the Y87 package so its got the same gear ratios as the Trans am. not meaning to jack the thread...just want an idea. thanks guys
            Last edited by DHiser27; 08-17-2007, 03:54 PM.

Comment

It was a new stock OEM kit. It included throwout bearing, pressure plate, clutch plate and pilot bushing. I also have no idea how much you'd be able to get for that transmission. I also found it hard to get a clutch plate by itself (i was looking because I got a pressure plate with the transmission assembly) and i don't know if you really want to be buying a used clutch plate...700 seems a little low to me, but if you can wait for the parts you might be able to pull it off, I couldn't wait because I was doing the swap because my transmission died and I figured then was as good a time as any...

Comment

i dont know the exact amount but i know its a good amount of money, BUT make sure that tranny and engine fit REALLY tight those lt1's are notirious for leaking between the engine and tranny
                1999 White Pontiac
                A4, slp loudmouth, pacesetter headers, ws6 wheels, SLP cold air kit, wings west kit

:rock:

Comment

$1000 to $1750 depending on parts.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X