what would cause my clutch to go out? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what would cause my clutch to go out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what would cause my clutch to go out?

i already said i took the stops out in my shifter, and there is no air in the lines. Like i said i can hear something rattling in the bellhousing, so im guessing one of my clutch componets is loose. I have some free time tomorrow, ill be pulling the trans then, and seeing what the problem is.

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

you guys were all wrong lol :)
      my pilot bushing like melted, replaced it with a brass bearing and it shouldnt happen again

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

That sucks, did you use the one from spec? I used the stock ones myself seemed to be more sturdy, I also used the stock TOB, since they looked to be better also. Glad you found the problem.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

yeah those stupid guys at spec need to make a pilot that doesnt explode in half a month of use

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyshells
            yeah those stupid guys at spec need to make a pilot that doesnt explode in half a month of use
            amen! mine did twice!
            *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

once I couldn't get my car in 1st, 3rd, or 5th...

yeah I killed the transmission.

and trust me when I was driving my 3.4L with only 2nd, 4th and reverse it sucked.

Comment

I vote save pride and get an automatic. Throw a 3000 stall and it walks a 5 speed :-D

Comment

Originally posted by greasemonkey
                  I vote save pride and get an automatic. Throw a 3000 stall and it walks a 5 speed :-D
                  um no thanks

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X