shift kit anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shift kit anyone?

does anyone have a video of a shift kit in their auto? just want to know how the car reacts to it and if i can chirp second lol.

Re: shift kit anyone?

I don't have good video of mine, but I installed a Transgo kit in my car along with a Vette servo, and I love it. And you should be able to chirp second. With the way I actually set up mine, it does more of a true bark, and sometimes even gives a bit of a squall. Trust me, if you get the right one, you won't regret it.

Comment

nice thanks you very much i have exactly what you have already planned i just wanted to know how effecitve it is. on top of that i plan to install some 3.42s and posi o really get it goin but will those gears and posi unit fit my 98 if out of a 93-97?

Comment

Transgo shift kit and servo are a nice mod for a A4 , if your just installing the posi and gears and not the whole rear end the gears and posi will work fine , if you were doing the whole rear end swap you would have problems with the traction control with the different rears, since they changed in 98', if someone else knows more about the changes from rear ends from 93-97 from 98-02 , chim in and explain it more, I think firebirdGT would know more about it.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I have a silly auto in my 01, what all would I need to install a shift kit/torque converter?

Comment

Originally posted by darkbeast99
            nice thnks you very much i have exactly what you have already planned i just wanted to know how effecitve it is. on top of that i plan to install some 3.42s and posi o really get it goin but will those gears and posi unit fit my 98 if out of a 93-97?

I would get 3.73's if I were you. The gas mileage wont be horribly different, but your 60 ft will be hella better. I would never swap in a used LSD. Gears maybe, but never a limited slip unit.

To install a shift kit, a basic one, you can just drop the trans pan, and it pretty self explanatory, they come with instructions. Basic hand tools, and maybe an air drill should get the job done. Converters are also pretty easy to install, providing you have a lift, a trans jack, and a friend or 2 to help. Just drop the trans, un bolt the old T/C, fill the new one with fluid, slap it back up there and re install trans. Then you'll prolly have to buy new tires in a week :-D

P.S. I would take an auto over a manual in an F Body any day of the week. Not worth losin a race, or a pushrod, to a blown shift or bogged launch IMO.
            Last edited by greasemonkey; 08-17-2007, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X