1LE Mount Installed - NO SPACER REQUIRED - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1LE Mount Installed - NO SPACER REQUIRED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1LE Mount Installed - NO SPACER REQUIRED

ok.... i'll take that as i should hit the junk yard for that LT1 cross member....correct...:poke: ...and whats the part number for the 1LE tranny mount? and firebirdgt u notice any differnce with the new mount?

Comment

Originally posted by XgunsmokeX
      ok.... i'll take that as i should hit the junk yard for that LT1 cross member....correct...:poke: ...and whats the part number for the 1LE tranny mount? and firebirdgt u notice any differnce with the new mount?

That's up to you.

GM p/n 22201140 (at least that was it when I bought it)

BIG differerence, as my stocker was blown out (it is rubber w/ fluid inside)
      Last edited by FirebirdGT; 08-11-2007, 09:27 PM.
      Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

ok, when i get a chance ill crawl under and if my cross member is straight im fine

Comment

This does NOT work for 98+ cars! The auto V8 crossmember will NOT bolt up to a manual V6 car.
          Last edited by FirebirdGT; 08-19-2007, 09:41 AM.

Comment

i just wanted to add that my 95 auto v6 crossmember has the 1/2" dip in it.
            <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2265676\" target=\"_blank\">95 bright red camaro 3.4l</a>

Comment

I just ordered a LT1 crossmember for mine $40 shipped , I forgot about doing this since I had to drill up mine so I think this will look alot better. UMI has a tubular one for $195 shipped but I couldn't justify the cost for a crossmember. Will Post a pic once it is in, I have poly trans mount with rubber spacers.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I am doing the A4 to M5 swap. Do I have to use a different crossmember then what is already on the car?

Comment

yes you do

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

I went with a M5 to A4 swap and used the same crossmember this was on a 96' Camaro. Just some input , don't know if it depends on the year vehicle. Also the Lt1 Auto crossmember didn't fit on mine from the post above I posted.
                    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

The M5 crossmember is proving to be difficult to get a hold of. Any places you know i can look for one? None of the local junkyards have Fbodys and the dealer sent me an automatic one.

My car is a 96 as well.

Comment

I'll check the salvage yards around here for ya.

Comment

This mod - using the 93-97 AUTO crossmember is ONLY for a M5 in a 93-97 body.
                          Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

My fault then, I thought since mine was a M5 before I could use the Lt1 crossmember. Will have to sell it now.LOL Thanks for clearing it up Robert.

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post
                              This mod - using the 93-97 AUTO crossmember is ONLY for a M5 in a 93-97 body.
                              This also works using the 93-97 V8 AUTO cross member in a 93-97 V6 AUTO car. I completed the same swap with zero modifications on my A4.
                              sigpic
                              1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                              1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                              --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

for my m5 98+ m5 car, would i need a 98+ auto cross member?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X