difference between trans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• difference between trans?

is there any difference between the 4l60e trans that are in an auto v6 and the 4l60e trans that came in the v8?
    im guessing the bellhousing might be different?

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Re: difference between trans?

Bell housing ,and I think input shaft or output shaft.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

boo, i guess ill have a hard time selling it to a v8 guy then :(

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

i don't think there is, if you can use a v8 alum. D/S on a v6 with no porblem i don't c y there would be a diff

Comment

I know there is a difference in bell housings, then it would be the input shaft would be different, since people doing v8 conv. have to swap trans along with their engines.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

so what, i need to change somin on the alum D/S i got?

Comment

the input shaft is the part that connects the engine to the trans. The output shaft is what connects the driveshaft to the trans, so no your alum ds will be fine.
              what ssms5411 is saying is that the inputshaft and the bellhousing are different and the outputshaft is the same

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X