Billet 6061 1/2" transmission spacers. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Billet 6061 1/2" transmission spacers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Billet 6061 1/2" transmission spacers.

Well, they were designed against the M5 transmission's mount holes. Not the ES mount specificly. The holes in the spacer plate match against the transmission, so any mount that works with our transmission will work with the spacer.

Comment

well i got a Y87 A4

Comment

I just measured my prothane against my stock one today and it comes out to approximated .8" shorter. A 3/4" plate would be more beneficial than a 1/2".

EDIT: That was the difference between the two spacers. The stock mount is very soft and must compress under the weight. The final difference that I spaced out for was .67".
        Last edited by IDoVoodoo; 08-18-2007, 11:52 PM.

Comment

I was going to make these way back when. Not enough interest in them
          Just thought I would add:
          To those worried about strength of the 6061 t6...
          What do you think the transmission case is made from? Its worse than 6061! Plain cast aluminum, I don't know the alloy, but it is brittle.
          The 6061 T6 will work fine. It might creep on you after a few years, but nothing I would be worried about.
          Al doesn't corrode that badly. It does however suffer from galvanic corrosion, so keep other bare metals away from it. Use coated bolts (zinc chromate, black oxide, etc.) and you should be fine.
          You could always anodize them for pretty cheap if you really wanted to go crazy.
          1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
          1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

Put my name on the list if you ever decide to make another batch. Looks very nice.
            Old Car = 12.679 @ 106.5 on 150 dry shot.
            New Car = 2010 3.6l 304hp Camaro

Comment

If I was to do another batch I'd really like to get at least 10 people to commit. Less than that I would consider it, but pretty much the more people that truely commited to wanting one, the easier it is and the price per would be easier to maintain, fewer orders = slightly higher cost. (couple dollars, not alot)

Comment

count me in

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

well i am commited to buying one next time u do it

Comment

A spacer is NOT required if you have a 93-97.

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=82562
                    Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

ok my 97 auto bird has the drop in the tranny bar. so u are say i need at LT1 auto bar, which is straight correct?

Comment

Originally posted by XgunsmokeX
                        ok my 97 auto bird has the drop in the tranny bar. so u are say i need at LT1 auto bar, which is straight correct?
                        Yes...
                        Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Taheen:

It's great you're looking to supply spacers for the V6 guys. But if you want to continue you should look at becoming a board sponsor, since this is going past selling a couple extra parts.

It's not a big cost, mail TealV6 for more info. I'm sure you two can work something out and the you can post both here and in the sponsor specials sections.

Thanks,
                          Jeff
                          Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
                          Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Comment

Thank you much for pointing it out. To be honest I never even really thought about it. :) I ended up being in touch with TealV6 as it is.

For anybody interested in this thread, I just want to clarify that I am not looking to run any business or looking to profit off of fellow board members. I'm just a guy in his garage. :)

I did the math a while ago, if one person was to order a strip of metal online, it is a bit under $14 to get one piece of the right size shipped to my house. Add in the bolts/washers.... If somebody wanted to make their own just for the materials it would cost them we will say ~$17 going though the shop I use. If you want to do that, I posted a dimensional sketch on page 1 of this thread. Please use it. :)

That's why I figured I would sorta opt into being somebody who could just do a group order/batch and make them at once. Sure is easy to make more than one once one is already done and fitted as a template. :) Not to mention the metal gets cheaper as well.

Any run that I would make would be sold for just enough to cover the material cost of the metal/bolts/washers and the shipping to you. I'm not wanting to make a profit, just wanting to establish a good name among everybody here and help anybody out looking for an alternative to washers.

Thanks much guys and girls, anything I can do, let me know.

Originally posted by zlexiss
                            Taheen:

It's great you're looking to supply spacers for the V6 guys. But if you want to continue you should look at becoming a board sponsor, since this is going past selling a couple extra parts.

It's not a big cost, mail TealV6 for more info. I'm sure you two can work something out and the you can post both here and in the sponsor specials sections.

Thanks,
                            Jeff

Comment

Setting out another open call to see who would like a 'kit'. If sufficient interest, I will go forward and make another batch. I would like to see 10 orders to be blunt.

It would be the same as before, a set of Grade 8 bolts, a set of washers, and locking washers. The would go with the 6061-T6 Billet Aluminum Spacers. The more interest the easier and cheaper this will be.

You are more than welcome to do it yourself, I posted the dimensions on Page 1. But for those that want to not hassle with getting the metal, making the spacer, buying the bolts... this is a good way to do it and I am not asking for more money than is needed.

Price would be a bit more than last time... last time I honestly just gave them away for material/shipping cost. Price estimate is $25-$30 Shipped, Max* This price includes a $5 kick to the site If you are a Supporting Member ($10/yr) the $5 will be waived.

I enjoy this site greatly, this is my small way to give back. Helping people with a solid part, and helping out CamaroV6.com

*Price will be determined by number of orders.
                              Last edited by Taheen; 02-16-2008, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Just to be clear, this does have my blessing.
                                FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Administrator
                                Stupid is rewarded with the ban button.
                                Official Avatar Nazi according to Meatyshells :D

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X