wtf is wrong!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wtf is wrong!?

hey guys, i can't decide what the problem is but basically this is what is wrong:

For about 2 months my car has been acting odd. It has been getting slowly worse. When i'm going about 40-50 mph, my car starts to act like it wants to shift up but doesn't, so it pushes the car forward and then backward over and over and over and doesn't quit until i either accelerate up to 60 and higher or decelerate to around 35. I've been asking around what it may be, and some people have said it could possibly be bad wires, plugs, etc. and some other people have said it could be a transmission problem.

Help would be VERY MUCH appreciated.

Re: wtf is wrong!?

Change the tranny fluid if its been awhile, and yr plug wires are recent.

Comment

mine does the exact same thing. when im goin 45, the car jerks forward then slows down, then jerks again. i was told by mobil lube express that i need a tranny flush but didnt have the funds. so thats prob what it is.

Comment

thank god that sounds like an easy fix :banana:
        do you guys know how much it's going to cost by any chance?

Comment

If you trust yr local stealership, they'd do the best job wioth least wear on systems.
          ~$175 or so...
          Do not wait on this! It is warning you!

Comment

Originally posted by mloaks
            If you trust yr local stealership, they'd do the best job wioth least wear on systems.
            ~$175 or so...
            Do not wait on this! It is warning you!
            haha stealership...so true...thanks for the warning btw. but i am curious, what would happen if i didn't change out the tranny fluid?

Comment

you'd be making a trip to get a new tranny. Your gears will burn up and either buy new tranny or have it rebuilt.
              Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Originally posted by josh98bird
                you'd be making a trip to get a new tranny. Your gears will burn up and either buy new tranny or have it rebuilt.
                how long would it take for the fluid to ruin your tranny? I only have 81K miles on my car. I'm not sure if the owner before me ever changed it. then agian i'm a newb.:)

Comment

Unknown.
                  If $$$ is the problem, then dont drive less u have to, lock out the OD if u can, and go lite on the throttle esp while the tranny is shifting.
                  And pray.
                  Pull the dipstik. Is the fluid burnt lookin?

Comment

I'm no expert on automatics, but if I'm not mistaken, I think your suppost to change the trans fluid every 15,000 miles. Because for a manual it is 30,000 if I'm not mistaken. Oo so your a little over due. Plus, doesn't the automatics have a filter that needs to be changed??? I'm not sure on that one, need to ask one of the automatic guys on that one.

Guardian
                    2000 V6 Camaro(bought brand new)
                    5 speed
                    Project: Unreal
                    Several Mods..:naughty:plus Nitrous=WEEeee:banana:

2007 Suzuki GS500F :D

Daily driver
                    2007 Chevy Aveo 5
                    Mods K&N air filter:excited:
                    www.guardiansworlds.com

Comment

Originally posted by mloaks
                      Unknown.
                      If $$$ is the problem, then dont drive less u have to, lock out the OD if u can, and go lite on the throttle esp while the tranny is shifting.
                      And pray.
                      Pull the dipstik. Is the fluid burnt lookin?
                      I'm such a damn newb at this i didn't know there is a dipstick for tranny fluid!
                      lock out the Overdrive? what do you mean?

Comment

ya. until i can change the tranny fluid, which is a couple days, what is lock out the overdrive.

Comment

well...i took a look at the tranny fluid and i can't tell if it is bad or not. but then again i don't know what clean or dirty tranny fluid looks like to begin with. what is the best way to know if it REALLY is the tranny fluid that is doing this? is there a good process of elimination that you guys have to figure this out? what are the other posibilities of things that could be causing this problem. i'm am really new at all of this so i really don't know what to do.

Comment

If its @ 81 K and never been done...leave it alone..a 4L60 is expensive....I had one in my 97 GMC Jimmy and changed the fluid when I bought it around similar mileage and two days later it was at the local Trans shop along with a check for $2400. :slap:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X