will a camaro 5 spd bolt to a gtp block?? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will a camaro 5 spd bolt to a gtp block??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will a camaro 5 spd bolt to a gtp block??

well i'm looking to do a 3.8 swap with a 5 spd into a fc rx7 for a road race car.. i was going to use a camaro 3.8 pull out and try and slap a gtp blower on.. but i guess getting those blowers on is a PITA.. so i'm considering using a complete GTP long block block.. i want the instant boost of the M90..

just wondering if the 5spd and clutch assembly will bolt up..

Mike

Re: will a camaro 5 spd bolt to a gtp block??

Originally posted by Blacktransam
    well i'm looking to do a 3.8 swap with a 5 spd into a fc rx7 for a road race car.. i was going to use a camaro 3.8 pull out and try and slap a gtp blower on.. but i guess getting those blowers on is a PITA.. so i'm considering using a complete GTP long block block.. i want the instant boost of the M90..

just wondering if the 5spd and clutch assembly will bolt up..

Mike
    5 speed should bolt up.....the A4 bolts up to a gtp block, only change necessary is swapping the flexplate from the L36

Comment

block is the same, just have to get swap out a flywheel and clutch from an L36. You are also going to have to figure out the PCM side if things, I think that will be harder than the physical mating of the block to the trans. You will also might have to go with a different oil pan depending on clearance. Other than that go for it and be sure to take lots of pics, somewhere there is a site dedicated to 3800 swaps into all kinds of things, I remember a volvo wagon and a fiero specifically. I think there might have even been an S-10.
      -Brad
      98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
      2000 V-Star Custom 1100
      If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
      :rock:

Comment

Originally posted by black98V6
        block is the same, just have to get swap out a flywheel and clutch from an L36. You are also going to have to figure out the PCM side if things, I think that will be harder than the physical mating of the block to the trans. You will also might have to go with a different oil pan depending on clearance. Other than that go for it and be sure to take lots of pics, somewhere there is a site dedicated to 3800 swaps into all kinds of things, I remember a volvo wagon and a fiero specifically. I think there might have even been an S-10.
        i swapped a GTP motor, and yes, good call you are also gonna need an oil pan off an L36. As far as wiring goes its the exact same (granted you are just swapping the bottom end.)

Comment

well i will be using the complete gtp long block with i guess a camaro oil pan..

as far as the computer tuning shouldn't be too hard.. dissable the auto tables from the GTP ecu and do it all manaully with the 5 spd..

i figure with a ported blower and a pulley it should be plenty powerful to blow tires off if needed..

more thinking to do..

Comment

Originally posted by Blacktransam
            well i will be using the complete gtp long block with i guess a camaro oil pan..

as far as the computer tuning shouldn't be too hard.. dissable the auto tables from the GTP ecu and do it all manaully with the 5 spd..

i figure with a ported blower and a pulley it should be plenty powerful to blow tires off if needed..

more thinking to do..
            yea good luck getting that all to fit.

also wonder how a gtp wiring harness is gonna work with a m5

for the 40 hp you pick up from the SC its not worth it.....and you everthing of what kinda blower you are gonna use? certainly not a standard M90 cause the intake on that would be square up against your firewall.....Now a commodor intake, that'll work, but talk about nearly a 180* bend, certainly not going to help...also gonna have to re-route break booster.....etc etc etc, it can be done/has been, but why?

Comment

well i was also lokking ZZP makes a kit that lets you put a blower on a 3.8 that has the injectors in the manifold as well.. i was wondering if i could put that kit on the camaro 3.8..

and beleive me.. hitting the firewall will not be a problem at all.. i have TONS of room

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X