94 v6 camaro jumps out of reverse 5sp - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

94 v6 camaro jumps out of reverse 5sp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 v6 camaro jumps out of reverse 5sp

This is the second transimission I have had in my car and both of them would jump of out reverse. Does anyone have any info on this.

thanks
    tim

Re: 94 v6 camaro jumps out of reverse 5sp

i have the exact same problem and it ticks me off sometimes i wish i knew why mine did it

Comment

could be a loose clutch housing bolts, could be worn shifter detentes, mostly likely worn bearings or clutches in your tranny though. rebuild fixes that
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

cluth housing bolts where are they exactly can u see them from the outside because i know like around where the flywheel is there is two bolts missing that hold this plate type thing on but it still stays on

Comment

anyone at all

Comment

oh yea sorry dont know if its much help or not but mine only pops out once my clutch is so far out

Comment

Yeah I did this in 2 trannies in my 94 back in teh day.... Went a whole year with no reverse, that sucked....

v6 f-body 5-speed FTL

Comment

i know the exact explaination bc i just rebuilt mine. the three metal inserts in the 3rd and 4th gear selector synchro setup is not held in very well bc the retaining spring of the 93 through 95 was not really strongenough and to make a long story short they fall out and since the lowest gear in the case is reverse it gets caught and it chips the gear teeht. so you need a new reverse idler gear and a new 1st and 2nd gear selector synchro gear. pretty much you need those two parts and you can get them out of any t5 ford or chevy.and to prevent it from the future you should get new inserts and a newer model retainer spring. if anyone needs further explaination call me at 9852906689 and ill be more than happy to help you with that.
                cant wait till my lt1 and nitrous.

Comment

you can also email me with questions at camarouti9407@yahoo.com

Comment

how much would it cost for the parts and then for u do rebuild it?

Comment

ill have to call gm and then ill let ya know and we will work up a price for labor. i will do it pretty cheap

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X